While upgrading from zimbra 7.0.2 to beta 8 (lab enviroment) I saw a new thing for me that is the VMware HA option in zimbra installation. I installed it and activated it in one of the 3 servers (proxy) and now it shows with a green checkmark in the admin console.
With the other 2 servers (mailboxes and ldap, etc) I tried to enable that service thru command line:
1) Checked that the service was installed
zmprov gs server_name | grep zimbraServiceInstalled
2) Tried to enable the service
zmprov gs server_name +zimbraServiceEnabled vmware-ha
So, now it shows properly in the admin console but with a red cross.
3) Checked /var/log/zimbra.log with a "grep" in "vmware". The result is over and over this message
Aug 22 09:34:35 mail-3 zmconfigd: Command not defined for vmware-ha
Aug 22 09:34:45 mail-2 zmconfigd: service vmware-ha was enabled need to start
Aug 22 09:34:45 mail-2 zmconfigd: Sleeping...Configuration inconsistency detected (u'vmware-ha')
Aug 22 09:35:30 mail-1 zmconfigd: service vmware-ha was enabled need to start
Aug 22 09:35:30 mail-1 zmconfigd: Sleeping...Configuration inconsistency detected (u'vmware-ha')
Aug 22 09:35:36 mail-3 zmconfigd: Command not defined for vmware-ha
Aug 22 09:35:46 mail-2 zmconfigd: service vmware-ha was enabled need to start
Have no idea what could it be...I'm actually quite new with Zimbra so any help will be appreciated.
PD: By the way, I read in the Admin guide from version 8 of Zimbra that this service enables application heartbeats for vmware failover. I thought that it was already accomplished by using VMware tools which I use in all my servers...was I wrong or with the use of this zimbra functionality vmware tools are no longer required for HA when the service crashes?
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 Patch 9 now available (includes fix for CVE-2017-8802). Read the announcement.
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.8.7 + Zimbra Connector for Outlook 8.8.7 are available.. Read the announcement.
- Are you a Zimbra Developer? You can find some interesting stuff in our Official GitHub: https://github.com/Zimbra and check the Community Projects too: https://github.com/Zimbra-Community/
Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests