split domain exchange and zimbra

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
adepaolis

Post by adepaolis »

Hi,
I am trying to setup zimbra trial in a split domain environment.
I am following the split domain wiki. My question,
If exchange server is the primary and zimbra is the secondary, how do I configure exchange to forward mail to the secondary zimbra server for users hosted there? I read on another post that they configured the exchange smtp connector, any help appreciated. A step by step would be greatly appreciated for this task and how to do the split domain setup between exchange and zimbra.
Krishopper
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Krishopper »

I'm not sure if anyone else here knows how to do this in Exchange - but being that I don't, I would set up a temporary domain for Zimbra (e.g., zimbra.mydomain.com), and have Exchange forward all of the email for the particular account in question to user@zimbra.mydomain.com.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Details for setting the Exchange SMTP connector to forward mail are in this article.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
adepaolis

Post by adepaolis »

Thanks for sending that resource link. But those instructions are not specific to what I am trying to do. Am I correct in thinking I have to only forward mail to the zimbra server for just the accounts that are being hosted by zimbra and not forward all email? Anyone know how to accomplish this on exchange?
1230zaf
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 1230zaf »