Can't receive email

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
9428Sean

Can't receive email

Post by 9428Sean »

Not sure why i'm having so much trouble getting Zimbra set up and working but i'm still not able to use it after futzing with it pretty much all day, right now email is always rejected or deferred by postfix:
to=, relay=none, delay=0, status=bounced (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=localhost.localdomain type=A: Host not found)
Is it true that postfix config files must be edited manually and aren't updated by adding a new domain in the administration screen?
Any suggestions about how to get started in the right direction would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Sean
P.S. Does Zimba set the system clock at all? Ever since installing it my system clock keeps getting reset to the incorrect time, no matter how often I correct it.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Can't receive email

Post by 14319KevinH »

Check in the admin console under the MTA config the you have DNS lookups off and don't have any of the reject domains settings on. For a system that's setup correctly in DNS you shouldn't have this issue. Might be due to your local network setup. Seems postfix is not recognizing attic.local as a domain. Is that your machine name? Or did you install the system with the mail domain of localhost.localdomain?
The Zimbra installer and code doesn't change or modify the system clock. You may want to verify you have ntpd running.
9428Sean

Can't receive email

Post by 9428Sean »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]Check in the admin console under the MTA config the you have DNS lookups off and don't have any of the reject domains settings on. For a system that's setup correctly in DNS you shouldn't have this issue. Might be due to your local network setup. Seems postfix is not recognizing attic.local as a domain. Is that your machine name? Or did you install the system with the mail domain of localhost.localdomain?
The Zimbra installer and code doesn't change or modify the system clock. You may want to verify you have ntpd running.[/QUOTE]
Kevin,
Thanks for your paitent reply. After some sleep and a reinstall with domain equal to attic.local everything is working as expected and looks great. You guys have done a good job with the interface. Are you interested in bug reports yet? I'm guessing that anything i've noticed is already well known to you, but i'd happy to file reports if that'd help at all.
By the way, my system clock seems to have resolved itself with a bit of rest overnight too... *shrug* :)
Thanks again,

Sean
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Can't receive email

Post by 14319KevinH »

[QUOTE]Are you interested in bug reports yet? [/QUOTE]
Yes. For now just post them to the "Users" forum. We will have our bugzilla up soon so you can search our existing bug reports and file new ones.