Yet Another cannot connect to server problem....

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
knightrider2000

Post by knightrider2000 »

Hello all,

I have just installed Zimbra M1 on FC4 cannot connect to the web interface at all, keep getting connection refused, also this keeps comming up in the install logs:
ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.AuthenticationException [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials])
Any Ideas??
Thanks,
Matt
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

[quote user="knightrider2000"]Hello all,

I have just installed Zimbra M1 on FC4 cannot connect to the web interface at all, keep getting connection refused, also this keeps comming up in the install logs:
ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.AuthenticationException [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials])
Any Ideas??
Thanks,
Matt[/QUOTE]
Was that the only error in the install log?
Was this a re-install? It could be that the re-installed ldap didn't start, and the passwords weren't set correctly.
Also could be /etc/hosts:
Make sure your /etc/hosts file has an entry like:
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
If your hostname is listed first, sql connections can fail.
knightrider2000

Post by knightrider2000 »

/etc/hosts is correct, with localhost on the first line.

This is a reinstall, also i have tried completly reformatted and reinstalled fc4 also, and still cannont connect to webserver, always get the connection refused, have yet to seee the nice interface of zimbra on my box. haha
soundmaster80

Post by soundmaster80 »

knightrider2000, probably what you need to do is step away from the computer and bring a licensed professional in to fix your problems. :eek: probably there is a capable geek near you. this is just a suggestion :D
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

[quote user="knightrider2000"]/etc/hosts is correct, with localhost on the first line.

This is a reinstall, also i have tried completly reformatted and reinstalled fc4 also, and still cannont connect to webserver, always get the connection refused, have yet to seee the nice interface of zimbra on my box. haha[/QUOTE]
Can you post the install log from your last installation? It sounds like your ldap instance isn't being initialized.
You're on FC4 - can you make sure you fix the ssl symlink issue that's covered in other posts in the installation forum?
16428simonb

Post by 16428simonb »

I installed Zimbra on a clean install of CentOS 4 and had a similar problem trying to connect to the admin interface.
I found in the hosts file localhost AND the server name (e.g. my.domain.com) were all on 127.0.0.1. Something like...
127.0.0.1 localhost my.domain.com my
I tried changing the server name to its actual IP address and that seemed to fix it. At least I can log in to the admin interface now. Like this...
127.0.0.1 localhost

10.0.0.45 my.domain.com my
Worth a try ;-)
slott_hansen

Post by slott_hansen »

I finally made my zimbra installation return the same error :
[root@chicago ~]# /etc/init.d/zimbra status

Calling GetServiceInfoRequest (localhost.localdomain)
ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost.localdomain:389)

But nothing I do seems to fix the problem :confused:
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="slott_hansen"]I finally made my zimbra installation return the same error :
[root@chicago ~]# /etc/init.d/zimbra status

Calling GetServiceInfoRequest (localhost.localdomain)
ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost.localdomain:389)

But nothing I do seems to fix the problem :confused:[/QUOTE]

Can you post your install log?
slott_hansen

Post by slott_hansen »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]Can you post your install log?[/QUOTE]
I see a few interesting issues - which might be related to the fact that I'm running a 64bit system as these "missing files" issues have been nagging me before with other apps. that normally work on a 32bit system...
Here are the interesting parts from myg log with my comments:
/opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slappasswd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

/opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slappasswd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

/opt/zimbra/openldap/libexec/slapd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Started slapd: pid

/opt/zimbra/openldap/bin/ldapmodify: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

/opt/zimbra/openldap/bin/ldapmodify: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
The missing libssl is indeed installed and can be found here: /lib64/libssl.so.4

COMMAND: zmprov cd chicagoherlev.dk

COMMAND: zmprov mcf zimbraDefaultDomainName chicagoherlev.dk

COMMAND: zmprov ca admin@chicagoherlev.dk rasterfari zimbraIsAdminAccount TRUE

COMMAND: id=`zmprov gs localhost.localdomain | grep zimbraId | awk '{print $2}'`; for i in `zmprov gc default | grep zimbraMailHostPool | sed 's/zimbraMailHostPool: //'`; do host="$host zimbraMailHostPool

$i"; done; zmprov mc default $host zimbraMailHostPool $id

zmprov [cmd] [args ...]
This error is a bit more hard to read - but it seems to be related to a connection error...
COMMAND: zmprov ms localhost.localdomain zimbraServiceInstalled ldap zimbraServiceInstalled mailbox zimbraServiceInstalled mta zimbraServiceInstalled antivirus zimbraServiceInstalled antispam zimbraServic

eInstalled snmp

COMMAND: zmprov ms localhost.localdomain zimbraServiceEnabled ldap zimbraServiceEnabled mailbox zimbraServiceEnabled mta zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus zimbraServiceEnabled antispam zimbraServiceEnabled s

nmp

Not sure - maybe another connection issue...
Can't load '/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi//auto/DBI/DBI.so' for module DBI: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi//auto/DBI/DBI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such

file or directory at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi//DBI.pm line 254

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi//DBI.pm line 254.

Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/Mon/Admin.pm line 37.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/Mon/Admin.pm line 37.

Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/Mon/StatusMon.pm line 35.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/Mon/StatusMon.pm line 35.

Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmon line 41.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmon line 41.

Soap call failed: 500 Can't connect to localhost:7777 (connect: Connection refused) at /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol line 230
COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -s > .localconfig.save.6648

COMMAND: zmprov gs localhost.localdomain > .zmprov.localhost.localdomain.save.6648

COMMAND: zmprov gacf localhost.localdomain > .zmprov.gacf.save.6648

14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

The first error is the problem. Please check this post and add the missing links.
http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showpost.p ... stcount=16