LDAP Invalid Credentials on install

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
rory_d

Post by rory_d »

I've come to an impasse and would appreciate any help in the installation process.
I continually the following LDAP error message during installs on my FC3 server.
Preparing packages for installation...

zimbra-core-3.0.M1_21.FC3-20050920155949_

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.AuthenticationException [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials])

The exception appears throughout the install log, and at the end no processes are picked up or seem to be running. I've uninstalled the packages with install.sh -u and tried again, only to get the same message.
I've seen another thread in here with a similar exception, although not during the installation, and it ended up being a mismatch of app and ldap passwords. If this is the case, I'm not sure where these can be set up reset, especially as in theory, nothing has been setup at the beginning of the installation process.
I've installed it on another FC3 box with no problems, so this is even more frustrating.
Anyone? Thanks in advance.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

After install.sh -u run this:
ps -ef | grep zimbra
Kill any processes that are stil running. slapd may still have been running so it's password never got reset.