no luck on Centos 4.1 [H E L P ]

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
17629anand
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 17629anand »

just curious - why would you disable NPTL?
antonio.meireles

Post by antonio.meireles »

unless glibc is recompiled with a special flag -mno-tls-direct-seg-refs, performance of VMs under xen suffers baddly if TLS is enabled... and Xen is a very nice way of server consolidation...
jhenkins

Post by jhenkins »

Hello all,
Just a "mee too", my CentOS 4.1 installation is on a standalone machine (no XEN yet, however I take note of antonio.meireles' trials with it). Install is a standard "Server" install, nothing fancy. Zimbra installs perfectly, and after install all daemons comes up as it should. The admin frontend works absolutely great, and users can log in after you've created them. In short: No Problems!
There is one important thing that network newbies will have to take into account when installing Zimbra (or any Postfix-based mail server for that matter): It's imperative that you have a proper DNS setup for Zimbra to work, even under testing conditions. Set up a proper DNS server (even if the domain is bogus) with MX records and the like, and things should work fine.
ramidotcom

Post by ramidotcom »

was it a clean install, bc i installed centos 4.1 on a virtal private hostin site with proper dns settings, and i keep getting
RESPONSE: (Zimbra::Mon::serviceInfo)

host

ip 69.61.72.48

name tadr0s.com

done

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException tadr0s.com:389)
Installation complete!
on install, any ideas
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Please look at your other thread. We posted a reccomended soultion based on the results of some other users. I'll give you the links here again:
http://zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236

Looks">http://zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186
Looks like you need to modify you bdb related items in the slapd.conf file.