is zimbra a server or just a client?

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
pplayerz

Post by pplayerz »

I want to use zimba as an email host where users can sign up for an email account...like hotmail and gmail. Can zimbra be use to host?
thanks
Andy.pflaum

Post by Andy.pflaum »

The title of your posting asks, "is zimbra a server or just a client?"

The answer is both -- please see here for a full listing of product features

http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/feature_list.html
>>> I want to use zimba as an email host where users can sign up for an email

>> account...like hotmail and gmail. Can zimbra be use to host?
Yes, see this posting:
Depending">http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread ... ht=hosting
Depending on what capabilities you want in your hosted offering, you might be able to use our Open Source version, or you might want our Zimbra Network version which will be released with several weeks. Details on both versions are here:
Andy">http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showpost.p ... ostcount=2
Andy
pplayerz

Post by pplayerz »

Does zimbra offer a sign up page for users? So i wont have to create account for them.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="pplayerz"]Does zimbra offer a sign up page for users? So i wont have to create account for them.[/QUOTE]
We don't have this as a built in feature, but it should be very easy to build a page using the comand line or SOAP API to create accounts for users.
pplayerz

Post by pplayerz »

Please if this is not much to ask, can one of you guy at zimba create a simple user registeration page ? or show me how? I know this should be simple but I dont know much on codes writing. I'll really appreciate the help..I wanna use zimbra as my email host.
thanks
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

The command to call is:
zmprov ca username@domain.com password
pplayerz

Post by pplayerz »

I dont get what you just told me. What do i do with that? can u write me a simple user registeration page for me? I'm sure others wanna have this feature too.
thanks
joshuamorgan

Post by joshuamorgan »

do you know php? if you do you can use the nusoap library to call the associated SOAP API functions (documentation on these SOAP calls are avail. with the source code).
or if your server allows the php shell_exec function you can call zmprov from your php page.
you should be able to use either method with any other web-based scripting language such as perl, python, asp, etc. im simply using php as an example. hope this helps.
pplayerz

Post by pplayerz »

Why dont you show me an example php codes of doing the registeration form here so I can get started. I'm new to php. Does anyone have a user registeration form for zimbra? Please email it to me or post the codes here so I can understand what u guys r talking about...my email is at pplayerz@hotmail.com
thanks
joshuamorgan

Post by joshuamorgan »

im familiar with php and am happy to help. if you tell me the specifics of your project i would be happy to write the php page for you. you can private message me these.