Authentication Failed

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
10237ben

Authentication Failed

Post by 10237ben »

So, I installed Zimbra on FC3 and the installation went relatively well, once I read the forums and figured out I had to kill the LDAP server after a ./installsh -u. Anyway, I got everything up and running, but I can not log into the Administration Console. I have tried every possible variation of admin@localhost.localdomain, admin, etc. I have reinstalled several times. No love.
Searching really didn't help. Any ideas?
-ben
17629anand
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Authentication Failed

Post by 17629anand »

admin console needs the full email address at login.
You must have entered an admin account and domain during install. Use the admin@at.that.domain for login and that should do it.
10237ben

Authentication Failed

Post by 10237ben »

"You must have entered an admin account and domain during install. Use the admin@at.that.domain for login and that should do it."
Yes. I did that - username@hostname.domainname.com
Thanks for the reply!
-b
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Authentication Failed

Post by 14319KevinH »

Maybe you should use zmprov to reset the admin password just to make sure you've got it right.
10237ben

Authentication Failed

Post by 10237ben »

Thanks Kevin. I reinstalled, and using your suggested utility, I was able to add user accounts. So, I can log into the server now and test it. However, I can't get to the admin login page anymore. My server refuses connections on port 7071. I may just have to test this at my office. I am thinking it has something to do with my network environment at home.
Thanks again. Initial tests look great.
rdcc

Authentication Failed

Post by rdcc »

Does the machine have a firewall setup that's not allowing connection to port

rdcc