zimbra install fails

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
Service
Elite member
Elite member

zimbra install fails

Post by Service »

I still haven't got it to work. Still the same errors. Maybe I should let you know what I have as a web server. It is SME webserver. If you want to all the info on it the web site is http://www.contribs.org. It is a web server, router, dns server,webmail server ( this has been disabled because I want to have ZCS as the mail server).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Mike

P.S. This is only a test box. If I can't get this to work, our servers at work might be switched from Linux to Windows and I dread the thought of that happening.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

zimbra install fails

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote]I still haven't got it to work. Still the same errors. Maybe I should let you know what I have as a web server. It is SME webserver. If you want to all the info on it the web site is www.contribs.org. It is a web server, router, dns server,webmail server ( this has been disabled because I want to have ZCS as the mail server).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Mike

P.S. This is only a test box. If I can't get this to work, our servers at work might be switched from Linux to Windows and I dread the thought of that happening.[/QUOTE]
Well if you want it to work I'd suggest trying a supported platform first. The current build supports Fedora Core 3 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4. Using something else will lead you to trouble unless you like hacking at problems. ;)
Service
Elite member
Elite member

zimbra install fails

Post by Service »

I am downloading the fc3 CD's as we speak. Do you see any problems with this configuration. FC3, sme web server and the zcs mail server.
Service
Elite member
Elite member

zimbra install fails

Post by Service »

[quote]I am downloading the fc3 CD's as we speak. Do you see any problems with this configuration. FC3, sme web server and the zcs mail server.[/QUOTE]
One other thing could I run the installer for zcs by SSH'ing from another linux computer.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

zimbra install fails

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote]I am downloading the fc3 CD's as we speak. Do you see any problems with this configuration. FC3, sme web server and the zcs mail server.[/QUOTE]
You'll just have to make your SME webserver and Zimbra mail client run on different ports.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

zimbra install fails

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote]One other thing could I run the installer for zcs by SSH'ing from another linux computer.[/QUOTE]
Yes. This is how we do all our installs on remote boxes.
Service
Elite member
Elite member

zimbra install fails

Post by Service »

I have it all running , but all I can do is send mail but not receive. What am I missing
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

zimbra install fails

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote]I have it all running , but all I can do is send mail but not receive. What am I missing[/QUOTE]
Are there any errors in /var/log/zimbra.log how about /opt/zimbra/logs/zimbra.log