failed to initialize documents...

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
gersh
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by gersh »

It's actually and image I'm trying to paste - a .jpg image.
pop-up blocker is off
11335michaeln

Post by 11335michaeln »

[quote user="gersh"]It's actually and image I'm trying to paste - a .jpg image.
pop-up blocker is off[/QUOTE]
Oh. I guess I have never tried to paste an image into anything, ever, Zimbra or not. Zimbra has the facility for adding an image to the document, why don't you use that (the "add image" icon)?
Dave Clark I

Post by Dave Clark I »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]... try as you might to provoke me that will be my last word on the subject.[/QUOTE]

You think I'm trying to provoke you? :rolleyes: Are you paranoid, too? I'm just trying to get you to see the light where your treatment of those whom are asking for help with Zimbra are concerned. You hurt sales of this product with your shoddy and cruel example of the type of support one can expect to receive on this product.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="gersh"]It's actually and image I'm trying to paste - a .jpg image.
pop-up blocker is off[/QUOTE]No other add-ons installed? There's no problems pasting images into a document, there's a thread around somewhere (I can't remember which one it is offhand) that has an example of an image being pasted into a document.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
gersh
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by gersh »

OK, that works.
But why can't you copy an image to the clipboard and paste into a Zimbra document? I
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="gersh"]But why can't you copy an image to the clipboard and paste into a Zimbra document? I[/QUOTE]I think I've been running you round in circles here, apologies. I'm not sure you can insert an image via copy/paste. I'd suggest a quick look in bugzilla for that feature, if there isn't an entry for copy/paste then file a request and vote on it. Sorry again for that.:o
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

Phoenix, be nice.
Dave, I understand that you're frustrated, but taking it out in the forums won't help the situation.
Where does your document issue stand? Did the wiki fix help, or not?
Dave Clark I

Post by Dave Clark I »

[quote user="marcmac"]Dave, I understand that you're frustrated, but taking it out in the forums won't help the situation.[/QUOTE]

There are two kinds of frustration at play here. My prior frustration with the Zimbra installation has nothing to do with my exhibited behavior here in the forums. I aired that directly (via phone and email) with Zimbra sales and support staff. My frustration with this person here in the forums is as plainly stated here also. I've visited other "help" type forums and have found that a certain class of people frequent such forums whom have a twisted idea of what "help" constitutes. Their usual M.O. is to belittle a person for asking their question (by giving all kinds of reasons -- some real, some not -- as to why the person should have been able to answer their own question without having to ask) and then they may or may not (begrudgingly) give a half-hearted attempt at an actual answer. If they just leave off the first part of their response, I can live with the half-hearted answer. I just won't put up with the superior attitude exhibited along with the first part of such a response.
I can prove these words by going back and pointing out when and where these things were done, but I get no pleasure out of doing that and that is also not my goal here. At this point, I am letting bygones be bygones. If you had not brought it up again, I would not have either.

[quote user="marcmac"]Where does your document issue stand? Did the wiki fix help, or not?[/QUOTE]

As stated, I performed these two steps and have turned it over to my client to check things out and verify that everything is working to his expectations. No complaints so far. Thanks.

[QUOTE]1. When this account is automatically created, it is given an arbitrary account name. To find the Global Documents account, review the Description column, look for Global Documents account.
2. From the administratorÂ’s console, edit the Global Documents account and on the Features tab, enable Documents. Save the account. The Global Documents account now is enabled and the templates are available for accounts that have the Documents application enabled.[/QUOTE]
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

[quote user="Dave Clark I"] My frustration with this person here in the forums is as plainly stated here also. I've visited other "help" type forums and have found that a certain class of people frequent such forums whom have a twisted idea of what "help" constitutes. Their usual M.O. is to belittle a person for asking their question (by giving all kinds of reasons -- some real, some not -- as to why the person should have been able to answer their own question without having to ask) and then they may or may not (begrudgingly) give a half-hearted attempt at an actual answer. If they just leave off the first part of their response, I can live with the half-hearted answer. I just won't put up with the superior attitude exhibited along with the first part of such a response.[/QUOTE]
Dave, you're not doing yourself any favors by attacking the people who are helping you, a self-confessed unix newcomer.
I'm glad you've got this working, anyway.
Dave Clark I

Post by Dave Clark I »

[quote user="marcmac"]Dave, you're not doing yourself any favors by attacking the people who are helping you, a self-confessed unix newcomer.[/QUOTE]

It is not helping to attack those asking for help by effectively telling them they are idiots for not being able to answer their question on their own. Such persons don't do your product sales any favors either. I am not the only one with this complaint -- you know. ;)