3.0 to 4.5.3 Upgrade failed (mysql error)

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
dealt

Post by dealt »

[quote user="jholder"]Try this as root:

iptables -t nat -F[/QUOTE]
I did this. I tried opening another console while running the installation script, it seems that when the installer shuts down the zimbra mail, the ldap service was also stopped because i cant telnet to port 389 anymore. I assume it's normal since it'll upgrade my ldap package.
I also encountered the following error at this point

chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/perdition.pem': No such file or directory

chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/perdition.key': No such file or directory
When it started migrating/upgrading the DB schema, I tried but still cant connect to LDAP. I assume ldap service wasnt started still at this point...
DB schema successfully updated to version 32, still no ldap..
Indexes creation seems to run smoothly...
When it came to this point:

Thu Mar 8 08:45:31 2007: Stopping logger mysql

Thu Mar 8 08:45:48 2007: Checking ldap status

Thu Mar 8 08:45:50 2007: Starting ldap

Thu Mar 8 08:45:57 2007: Checking 3.0.M1

Thu Mar 8 08:45:57 2007: Checking 3.0.0_M2

Thu Mar 8 08:45:57 2007: Checking 3.0.0_M3

Thu Mar 8 08:45:57 2007: Checking 3.0.0_M4

Thu Mar 8 08:45:57 2007: Checking 3.0.0_GA

Thu Mar 8 08:45:57 2007: Checking 3.0.1_GA

Thu Mar 8 08:45:57 2007: Updating from 3.0.1_GA

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: unable to get config) (cause: javax.naming.NamingException [LDAP: error code 80 - internal error])

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: unable to get config) (cause: javax.naming.NamingException [LDAP: error code 80 - internal error])

Thu Mar 8 08:46:10 2007: Checking 3.1.0_GA

Thu Mar 8 08:46:10 2007: Updating from 3.1.0_GA
I tried to connect to ldap and got this:

telnet stiimail.stii.dost.gov.ph 389

Trying 202.90.141.143...

Connected to stiimail.stii.dost.gov.ph (202.90.141.143).

Escape character is '^]'.
LDAP is up and running. Why am i having errors?
dealt

Post by dealt »

Does zimbra ldap save logs?
dealt

Post by dealt »

Isnt it caused by an authentication problem in LDAP? Is it possible that after the upgrade it cant understand the ldap user account used by Zimbra? Possible Encryption issue? I dont know. I'm just trying my luck. Anyone?
skrewloose

Post by skrewloose »

........ started as same error ... by the time I posted and re-run it ... got the new index issue.
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

We really have two seperate issues here.

Delt, sorry I didn't reply. I've been very busy. Do you have a backup? If so, the best bet is to restore.

Your LDAP is messed up, and you're gonna have to use slapcat to dump your LDAP db (using the old pre-upgrade binaries, and then import them using the new ones-I'm gonna try and write a tutorial on how to do this for the wiki).
Skrewloose- Your issue is different. You need to have a look at your /opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf. You might not have have enough buffer space. The error is caused during the creation of foreign constraints. Do a forums search on that, as it's a common problem. If you have further issues, can you start a different thread? Thanks.
Good luck,

john
dealt

Post by dealt »

[quote user="jholder"]We really have two seperate issues here.

Delt, sorry I didn't reply. I've been very busy. Do you have a backup? If so, the best bet is to restore.

Your LDAP is messed up, and you're gonna have to use slapcat to dump your LDAP db (using the old pre-upgrade binaries, and then import them using the new ones-I'm gonna try and write a tutorial on how to do this for the wiki).
Skrewloose- Your issue is different. You need to have a look at your /opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf. You might not have have enough buffer space. The error is caused during the creation of foreign constraints. Do a forums search on that, as it's a common problem. If you have further issues, can you start a different thread? Thanks.
Good luck,

john[/QUOTE]
Hi John. Glad to hear from you again. Yep it's ok. I have restored my backup already. I'll try to figure out how to dump my LDAP db. Do I need to have 2 installation setup (my current and fresh install 4.5.3) then import the LDAP db dump? Or I can just proceed with the upgrade, disregard LDAP failure then just do import? Thanks!
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

You can upgrade and then import, but keep in mind you must export using your OLD binaries, and import using your NEW binaries.
dealt

Post by dealt »

[quote user="jholder"]You can upgrade and then import, but keep in mind you must export using your OLD binaries, and import using your NEW binaries.[/QUOTE]
Hi! I think I've got my LDAP db dump file now (created via slapcat -l dump.ldif using old binaries) how do I import the ldif file? I'm looking at slapadd now. Is this correct?
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

Should be

slapadd -l dump.ldiff

or

slapadd -v -l dump.ldiff

Goin to bed now. Phoenix or Klug should be online soon if you need help tonight.
-john
dealt

Post by dealt »

[quote user="jholder"]Should be

slapadd -l dump.ldiff

or

slapadd -v -l dump.ldiff

Goin to bed now. Phoenix or Klug should be online soon if you need help tonight.
-john[/QUOTE]
Here's what I did:
After the upgrade, tried importing the ldif file via "slapadd -v -l dump.ldif" as zimbra but failed because of an error in configuration file, pointing to line 105. Checked /opt/zimbra/openldap-x.x.x.x/etc/openldap/slapd.conf and found the "loglevel" entry set with "@@some_variable_here@@". Changed it to zero
Tried "slapadd -v -l dump.ldif" again, encountered another error about the database being open. Stopped ldap, ran slapadd again, encountered another error because "cn=zimbra" (and other) entries already exist, "slapadd -v -c -l dump.ldif" to continue parsing the dump file, read and imported the user accounts.
Tried starting zimbra services, "zmcontrol start", but it only starts the ldap (since upgrading doesnt properly configured the other services) Tried upgrading again (install.sh). Ended up with the same errors.
Restoring backup again...