I followed this guide: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Ubuntu_Upgrades but I still got this error: Perl API version v5.14.0 of Socket does not match v5.18.0
And did the following steps (just to reproduce:
1. stopping zimbra (zmcontrol stop as zimbra)
2. updating and upgrading all existing packages: apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
3. Ubuntu Release Upgrade (as disclaimed in the Wiki I always chose the default option, aka kept the original configurations)
4. Checking Ubuntu version: Linux version 3.13.0-95-generic (buildd@lgw01-58) (gcc version 4.8.4 (Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.3) ) #142-Ubuntu SMP Fri Aug 12 17:00:09 UTC 2016
5. Reboot, apt-get update && apt-get upgrade, another rebboot (just to be save)
6. Downloading and unpacking zimbra 8.7 for Ubuntu 14.04 (packagename: zcs-8.7.0_GA_1659.UBUNTU14_64.20160628202701.tgz)
7. installing PERL 5.18: apt-get install libperl5.18
8. ./install.sh -s
After the last step I get the following output:
Code: Select all
root@mail:~/zcs-8.7.0_GA_1659.UBUNTU14_64.20160628202701# ./install.sh -s
Operations logged to /tmp/install.log.H0RNHBEX
Checking for existing installation...
ZCS upgrade from 8.0.5 to 8.7.0 will be performed.
Checking for existing proxy service in your environment
Perl API version v5.14.0 of Socket does not match v5.18.0 at /usr/share/perl/5.18/XSLoader.pm line 92.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Net/LDAP.pm line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Net/LDAP.pm line 8.
Compilation failed in require at bin/checkService.pl line 21.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at bin/checkService.pl line 21.
Error: Unable to contact the LDAP server.
Any hints on how I can resolve this? I searched the forum but the only suggestion was to download the right package for the Ubuntu version you are using but that is what I'm doing...
The log file in /tmp is empty, too, so no hints from that side.
Thanks in advance.
Edit: I just tried the same just with 8.6 instead of 8.7 and it started installing. Strange. I will see if it works.
Edit2: Ok, I'm rolling back to my backup, this didn't work out:
Code: Select all
Validating ldap configuration
connect: connection refused at bin/zmValidateLdap.pl line 89, <DATA> line 751.
Unknown Error: It should be impossible to reach this statement.