[SOLVED] Zimbra 8.7.2 installer doesn't understand that it's the only server and that there are no other LDAP servers

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
nticompass

[SOLVED] Zimbra 8.7.2 installer doesn't understand that it's the only server and that there are no other LDAP servers

Post by nticompass »

There seems to be a big, huge, gigantic bug in the installer for Zimbra 8.7.2.

I was upgrading from 8.0.6 and all was going swimmingly until I got to the part where it asked me to set up the config. I ran through it and now I see a screen that looks like so:

Code: Select all

Main menu

1) Common Configuration:
   2) zimbra-ldap:                             Enabled
        +Create Domain:                        no
        +Ldap root password:                   set
******* +Ldap replication password:            Not Verified
        +Ldap postfix password:                set
        +Ldap amavis password:                 set
        +Ldap nginx password:                  set
        +Ldap Bes Searcher password:           set

3) zimbra-logger:                           Enabled
   4) zimbra-mta:                              Enabled
   5) zimbra-dnscache:                         Enabled
   6) zimbra-snmp:                             Enabled
   7) zimbra-store:                            Enabled
   8) zimbra-spell:                            Enabled
   9) zimbra-convertd:                         Enabled
  10) zimbra-proxy:                            Enabled
  11) Default Class of Service Configuration:
  12) Enable default backup schedule:          yes
   s) Save config to file
   x) Expand menu
   q) Quit

Address unconfigured (**) items  (? - help)
Please notice the "Ldap replication password: Not Verified" and the fact that the rest of the ldap passwords are "set".

So, wanting to finish the config an the upgrade, I press "2" (enter), "4" (enter) and then I see:

Password for ldap replication user (min 6 characters): [123456]
I try hitting enter, I try entering in a new password, I even try entering in the ROOT LDAP password and nothing makes it say "set", it just keeps saying "Not Verified".

I think the installer is trying to access the other LDAP servers and for some reason doesn't realize it's the only one.

How can I get past this and finish installing/upgrading Zimbra?
Last edited by nticompass on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Re: Zimbra 8.7.2 installer doesn't seem to understand that it's the only server and that there are no other LDAP servers

Post by DualBoot »

use

zmlocalconfig -s | grep pass
to know your password.
nticompass

Re: Zimbra 8.7.2 installer doesn't seem to understand that it's the only server and that there are no other LDAP servers

Post by nticompass »

DualBoot wrote:use

zmlocalconfig -s | grep pass
to know your password.
I know what the password is. Entering the correct password into the configurator didn't do anything.

The solution was to set the host server and ldap server to two different domains and then to change them back to both being the same. That, for some reason, fixed the ldap replication password.
vavai
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 0

Post by vavai »

Also, try to choose 1 : common configuration and see whether it's ldap config are set to be master-replica or not.
nticompass

Post by nticompass »

The issue was fixed by setting the host and ldap host to two different servers and then changing them back to both being the same. This fixed the replication password issue
vavai
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 0

Post by vavai »

Hi,
nticompass wrote:The issue was fixed by setting the host and ldap host to two different servers and then changing them back to both being the same. This fixed the replication password issue
Glad to hear you problem solved successfully. You can also mark this thread as "solved" so others can take it as reference for similar problem.