Multi Domain Setup on Linode

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
trinicloud

Multi Domain Setup on Linode

Post by trinicloud »

Good day all,

I use to administer a Zimbra email server about 3 years ago.. and now i am looking to setup a Linode vps 12GB Plan (12gb ram ... 6 cpu ..192gb ssd storage) to handle 3 different email domains with a total of 50 users and might grow to about 100 within a year or two.

This will be my first time setting it up to handle multiple domains.. and i was wondering if you all had any pointers .... and would the linode vps be a good platform to run a ubuntu instance on running zimbra.. will probably move over to a dedicated server if we ever reach 200 users.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Multi Domain Setup on Linode

Post by phoenix »

I've never used linode but providing you have enough storage and RAM (you appear to have that) then there's no problem running multiple domains providing all the domains have valid DNS A & MX records and the server has a valid reverse DNS. You'll need to seup SPF, DMARC etc. but there's a wiki article for that if you'd like to read that. Other than that I'd only suggest that you may have too many CPUs for that number of users but it shouldn't do any harm - good luck and post again if you have any further questions.. :)

PS I tend to prefer CentOS over Ubuntu but that's a personal preference, I'd also suggest a good backup and restore strategy that's been well tested in your environment - obviously, before you ever need it.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
trinicloud

Re: Multi Domain Setup on Linode

Post by trinicloud »

Pheonix can you post a link to the Wiki article please