Alias for Distrubution List Status: Unknown Error

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
kevinds

Alias for Distrubution List Status: Unknown Error

Post by kevinds »

Alright, new Zimbra install, 8.8.5.

When migrating to the server I took the old data from Google, made a spreadsheet with all the data, inserted the proper options to create everything command line..

Code: Select all

zmprov < distro-aliases.txt 
and similar for all the initial provisioning.

As far as I can tell, everything worked except aliases for distribution lists.

They created without errors (tested running a couple lines manually from the txt files before doing all of them), but they don't work.

In the GUI,
Manage:Aliases

Hovering over one with the mouse shows the info box shows Status: Known error

Using the GUI, I delete the aliases for a distribution list, save, then add them back, save again. The Distribution Lists list still shows the Unknown Error. If I go back to the distribution list aliases and try and delete the alias again, when I push Save this time it shows Invalid Request. Clicking Details:

Invalid request
Message: invalid request: zimbraIsACLGroup is immutable Error code: service.INVALID_REQUEST Method: [unknown] Details:soap:Sender

What am I missing?

Two other questions.. What do I need to do to enable using Tab to go between fields when entering Aliases? And what do I need to change to enable highlighting text in the Zimbra GUI? I can not highlight the name of the distribution list I am currently working on, when editing a distribution list, but this happens in a lot of places.
kevinds

Re: Alias for Distrubution List Status: Unknown Error

Post by kevinds »

As a work-around, I literally created a Distribution List for each alias, and then added each member to the new distribution list..

Appears to be working so far, but took me a few hours to setup.

Any ideas where I should look for the cause?