Upgrade with perpetual license

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
cyber035

Upgrade with perpetual license

Post by cyber035 »

Two years ago we bought Zimbra Collaboration perpetual license from your regional reseller with one year support.

That support has expired now and we want two things:

1. to extend our server mail account capacity for +25 licenses (current 50 to 75)
2. to update to the latest Zimbra Collaboration v8.8 (current 8.6)

I first contacted Zimbra support for one simple question (opened a ticket):

Can we update to newer Zimbra version with our current perpetual license.

The answer I got from support is that my support license had expired and that I need to renew it so that they can continue to give me answers on my tickets.

That was very unprofessional since question was very simple and they could just answer me with yes or no.
I didnt asked them any question about update procedure or any help about update, but just about the ability to update with license constraints in mind.

We have invested in Zimbra and we want to continue using it in our company expansion, but this was just very cold and unwelcome response from support team to your customer.

Anyway I moved on to contact your regional reseller from who we bought Zimbra license for more information.

We sent official email that stated our simple question about update and also asked them for capacity increase.

The reply came 4 days later, but it was only a offer for brand new license 25 accounts with support for 25 license.

Totally not what we wanted, we contacted them and after full day of transfers and talks from one operator to another they finally understood that we want capacity upgrade and version update, but now we need to wait probably few more days for new offer...

We where still unable to get simple answer even from that call with reseller, and that is CAN WE UPDATE OUR ZIMBRA TO CURRENT VERSION WITH OUR CURRENT LICENSE.

I dont know if this is just our bad luck with Zimbra support or one bad reseller but we just wanted answer to one simple question before we begin planing server update and expansion.

Can I get an answer here on forum about this one simple question?

Thank you
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Upgrade with perpetual license

Post by phoenix »

Here's a link to the wiki article on the subject of Perpetual Licenses: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/FAQ#What_i ... icense_.3F
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra