8.7.11 to 8.8.6 (on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) smooth and successful

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
jasggomes
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.7.11.GA.1854.UBUNTU14.64

Re: 8.7.11 to 8.8.6 (on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) smooth and successful

Post by jasggomes »

davidkillingsworth wrote:
jorgedlcruz wrote:Hello guys,
I've escalated this issue to PM and Engineering, for them to let us know if it's a Bugzilla or ticket to follow, we'll get back to you as soon as possible. As phoenix said, if you are a Customer, please let us know the support ticket number here so we I can ask regarding that as well.

I'll get back to you guys as soon as I know more.
Jorge, I sincerely do appreciate your support on social media and in these forums for Zimbra users worldwide.
Plus 1
jasggomes
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jasggomes »

jorgedlcruz wrote:Hello guys,
I've escalated this issue to PM and Engineering, for them to let us know if it's a Bugzilla or ticket to follow, we'll get back to you as soon as possible. As phoenix said, if you are a Customer, please let us know the support ticket number here so we I can ask regarding that as well.

jasggomes don't move away from Zimbra, you can always go back to ZCS 8.7.11, or wait a few more days for an official response about this issue. I've been trying so many other OSE Email products this last months, and any of it can compare to Zimbra in easy to manage, install, scale. Besides I haven't written any Grafana Dashboard for other than Zimbra, what are you going to do? :) Cheers for the good words Jasg.

I'll get back to you guys as soon as I know more.

Best regards
Ohh, Jorge, I agree with you on the above, but my issue is only one .... lack of free support for Activesync on Zimbra on OSE edition ... They don't want to pay, because if so, they move to Google or M$ in that case.

Since they moved on using the outlook client, my headaches have increased a lot, and I'm retired from the active (16hrs+ a day) for 2 yrs now.

When they decided to move from Thunderbird to outlook we lost the share calendaring and one of the managers have 7 accounts linked, yes I know so don't say it...

The issues related to Java and the CPU being sky high ... well I just keep searching and have alerts for that, using mainly your great dashboard and Grafana (thinking to move to the Beta ver 5 ...)

Onece again, THANK YOU !!!
davidkillingsworth
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU14.64-Patch 24

Post by davidkillingsworth »

jasggomes wrote:
Ohh, Jorge, I agree with you on the above, but my issue is only one .... lack of free support for Activesync on Zimbra on OSE edition ... They don't want to pay, because if so, they move to Google or M$ in that case.

Since they moved on using the outlook client, my headaches have increased a lot, and I'm retired from the active (16hrs+ a day) for 2 yrs now.

When they decided to move from Thunderbird to outlook we lost the share calendaring and one of the managers have 7 accounts linked, yes I know so don't say it...
This struggle is real.

We are an MSP who manages many small to medium clients and Zimbra fits so many use cases, but you just can't get people AWAY from Outlook. It's what most of the world uses. If shared calendaring doesn't work in Outlook and active sync for mobile clients doesn't work without paying for it, then Zimbra is a hard sell against just paying for Office 365.
jasggomes
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jasggomes »

Welll, this is getting better and better ...

I decided to give Zimbra a new chance ... I've installed a NEW FULL Ubuntu 16.04 server, configured it and installed Zimbra 8.8.6 OSE on it.

Now, lets do the migration, because since its an OSE version, no backups allowed.

Go to Zextras and get the Migration tool, and then ...

root@mail:~/zextras_migration_tool-2.4.12# ./install.sh all

-------------------------

Checking for existing installations ...

FOUND Zimbra 8.8.6

The ZeXtras Installer is not compatible with the Zimbra version you are running.

It's likely that:

* You are running a Zimbra version that is not YET supported by ZeXtras Migration Tool
After a new Zimbra version is released, a new ZeXtras Migration Tool version is released
as well to ensure compatibility:
please check the "News and Announcements" section of the ZeXtras Forums
(http://forums.zextras.com) for new release information.

A complete list of Zimbra versions compatible with ZeXtras Migration Tool can be found at
http://wiki.zextras.com/wiki/Compatibility_List

Exiting ...

LOVING THIS SH....T !!!

PS - I didnt check the Zextras as recommended but since its available for almost 2 months ....
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Install the migration tool on the 'old' server and the current release version of ZeXtras on the new server.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
jasggomes
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jasggomes »

phoenix wrote:Install the migration tool on the 'old' server and the current release version of ZeXtras on the new server.
Thanks, but thats the issue ... both are 8.8.6 ....

trying with the Zextras Suite trial on both servers ...
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

jasggomes wrote:Thanks, but thats the issue ... both are 8.8.6 ....
Ah sorry, I thought you were still on 8.7.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
jasggomes
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jasggomes »

Well... just a quick update ... or not. Downgrading from 8.8.6 not possible. So no migration possible , also someone installed zextras suite on this server on 2014 so again no zextras on. Thinking of using one vem backup prior to the upgrade to migrate and then sync the mailboxes ... a lot of work for this unnecessarily. Stay sharp my friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi Jasg,
We have a wiki about it: Let us know if that works or not. If not, maybe you can try to download a trial of Zimbra Suite Plus from our website, and perform the migration with that trial.

Best regards
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
jasggomes
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jasggomes »

jorgedlcruz wrote:Hi Jasg,
We have a wiki about it: Let us know if that works or not. If not, maybe you can try to download a trial of Zimbra Suite Plus from our website, and perform the migration with that trial.

Best regards

Hi Jorge, question does the NG modules work with FOSS? Maybe I read it wrong but I thought they don’t.

Suite plus maybe and idea to try.
I ll let you know later on the day since during the day maybe difficult.

Stay sharp and thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk