[SOLVED] Emails from website end up in sent box as unread

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
ngwenyaglass
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.6_GA_1906.FOSS

Re: Emails from website end up in sent box as unread

Post by ngwenyaglass »

Mark,

You fixed it! thank you.

There was a rule on one of the outlook machines that put any email from us in the sent box! can you believe that? Nor me! It was put there when our new server was installed by the suppliers to deal with sent items not being copied to the sent box!
So even when you put anything from ourselves in the inbox in Zimbra the offending outlook box put it back in sent! This has gone on for weeks!

Thanks for your time and your help!

Ben
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Re: Emails from website end up in sent box as unread

Post by L. Mark Stone »

ngwenyaglass wrote:Mark,

You fixed it! thank you.

There was a rule on one of the outlook machines that put any email from us in the sent box! can you believe that? Nor me! It was put there when our new server was installed by the suppliers to deal with sent items not being copied to the sent box!
So even when you put anything from ourselves in the inbox in Zimbra the offending outlook box put it back in sent! This has gone on for weeks!

Thanks for your time and your help!

Ben
Awesome Ben that you got it solved! I'll edit your original post Subject as Solved for others.

As you have now seen, the fix for these incredibly annoying issues is usually incredibly simple -- the process for identifying the root cause is not always as obvious!

Hopefully the supplier will understand the bad ramifications of their presumably honorable intention -- and not make such changes going forward.

All the best,
Mark