[SOLVED] 2 servers hyper-v with HA

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
Pepe

[SOLVED] 2 servers hyper-v with HA

Post by Pepe »

Hello again.
I ask you again a couple of questions, but first my scenario is this:
2 dell servers with windows server 2012 r2 with hyper-v configured on raid 5. 4 NICs for each server.
And what i want is do 2 zimbra installations on each server for HA, planning to use drbd and heartbeat for doing this, or if you can recomend me another method is more than welcomed.

Managed to install both zimbra, but i want the replication for HA by connecting both servers via ethernet. I mean, NIC #1 from each server go to switch, and NIC #2 between servers, and for this last ones (NIC #2) do all the mirroring work.

Is this possible? If is not, what are the best configuration for achieve what i want?

Thank you in advance.
PS: i didnt imagine hyper-v was such a pain in the butt... well, is what my boss want without buy a new vmware license.
Last edited by Pepe on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zimico
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15 P3

Re: 2 servers hyper-v with HA

Post by zimico »

Hi. You can do HA at some levels such as virtualization, OS (drdb), application (Zimbra). I suggest you use HA at virtualization level or Live sync at Zimbra level (because zimbra does not have HA feature yet). Just search for "Live sync" in the wiki if you want.
Regards.
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

Thanks for your help.
Already did it, but im going to search that for future testing. What i did now is setup a lab with those 2 server with Hyper-v, install pcs, pacemaker and corosync for cluster and drbd84 for doing replication. Now the server are up and running.
But i didnt use the two ethernet as i planned, a little of common sense give me the answer... just for doing migration of all data (250+ gb) and the replication via ethernet between the 2 server on the same vswitch hyper-v offer. Just waiting for the last part...

That being said, the question is solved. Thank you.

PS: when i restart zmcontrol cbpolicy seems not installed, how can i enable/install again? It is important for the servers work well?
zimico
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by zimico »

CBpolicyd is optional and you have to enable it if you want to use it. So it's ok if you don't install and enable cbpolicyd.

Regards,
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

Good then. I activated via zmcbpolicyd and still show like is not installed or not executing. I saw a cbpolicy and a cbpolicyd, are they the same? Another thing it happend to me i was 2 different domain on the same server, one with zimbra.loca and another with mail.zimbra.local, when i try to delete one it says the last one does not exist...
Another weird thing it happend was via webmail on chrome and opera, for some reason it doesnt accept default interfaz so i must change to html basic (opera), and chrome give "err_ssl_version_interference" and i cant enter to zimbra. Tried to disable tls 1.3 on chrome but still didnt work, i wonder if this happend for my network, i have a network on 10.x.x.x (server) and client on 192.x.x.x, is this something related to dns?
Thank you.
zimico
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by zimico »

For mail.zimbra.local and zimbra.local domain I think you had wrong configuration when installing Zimbra. Normally, you need to change from mail.zimbra.local to zimbra.local domain when asked at installing phase.
Which zimbra version you are using now? Could you upgrade it to the latest one (8.8.8?) and see whether ssl issue is still exist...

Regards,
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

The domain mail.zimbra.local disappear... it so weird... im using zimbra open source 8.8.8
Well, just the chrome error for now, "err_ssl_version_interference" does not work even disabling tls 1.3 flag.
Thank you.
EDIT: the main problem was solved so i changed the thread to solved. Thank you guys!