Standalone Postfix - Leave out the ZIMBRA MTA?

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
kaiszza

Standalone Postfix - Leave out the ZIMBRA MTA?

Post by kaiszza »

Hey guys,

is it possible to install ZIMBRA without its "own" MTA? Since I always got a 5.0.0 bounced error while trying to send mails, I had the idea to install postfix as a standalone version BEFORE the installation of ZIMBRA itself. During the ZIMBRA installation, I would uncheck the MTA option. As of now, this does not work. Unfortunately, all my mails are getting rejected. How do i "merge" the standalone postfix with ZIMBRA (is this even possible)? Would be great to know!

Thank you all!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Standalone Postfix - Leave out the ZIMBRA MTA?

Post by phoenix »

kaiszza wrote:is it possible to install ZIMBRA without its "own" MTA? Since I always got a 5.0.0 bounced error while trying to send mails, I had the idea to install postfix as a standalone version BEFORE the installation of ZIMBRA itself. During the ZIMBRA installation, I would uncheck the MTA option. As of now, this does not work. Unfortunately, all my mails are getting rejected. How do i "merge" the standalone postfix with ZIMBRA (is this even possible)? Would be great to know!
That's not possible, you need to install the packages supplied by Zimbra. If you're having problems sending mail then you have a configuration problem, nobody else seems to be having any problem like that.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
kaiszza

Re: Standalone Postfix - Leave out the ZIMBRA MTA?

Post by kaiszza »

phoenix wrote:That's not possible, you need to install the packages supplied by Zimbra. If you're having problems sending mail then you have a configuration problem, nobody else seems to be having any problem like that.
Ok, thanks for clearing up!