Zimbra Upgrade

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
spadowsky

Zimbra Upgrade

Post by spadowsky »

Hi Guys
I have an hold Zimbra Installation Release 6.0.10_GA _2692.DEBIAN5_64 DEBIAN5_64 FOSS edition , installed on Debian 5.0.10 version .
I would upgrade Debian Version but I didn't find a support matrix in order to check the last Zimbra version supported .
My plan was to upgrade before Debian and the Zimbra .. Is it correct ?
Many thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Zimbra Upgrade

Post by phoenix »

First thing to note, Debian is no longer a supported distribution for the most recent versions of ZCS and I assume that's where you are headed? You should also never upgrade the underlying o/s of your ZCS server, you should move it to a new server with an upgraded distribution. I'd suggest you read some of the forum threads on upgrading to latest versions of your distribution and ZCS, you have a long road to travel and it won't be that easy, possible but not easy and you'll need a good well thought out plan to get to your final destination. I'd suggest you first look into using the ZeXtras Migration Tool to move your system to a new ZCS install, take a look at the ZeXtras web site for that tool and see which are the earliest version you can install on your server (and which distributions are supported). It's aslo possible to change distributions using the ZeXtras tool and you'll need that if you want to move to Ubuntu or CentOS (CentOS would be my recommendation). When you've had a read around the forums etc., then post again with any questions that you have.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
spadowsky

Post by spadowsky »

Thanks a lot for the explanations , I will check the tool and I will plan a migration .
But for few months I can't migrate so I would update the ZCS to last version supported on Debian ..
Where can I find this information ?? Debian / ZCS matrix ?
Br
Maroc
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

You can find all the downloads here: https://zimbra.org/download/zimbra-collaboration - please make sure you read the relevant Release Notes to make sure nothing will trip you up during your upgrades. This also comes with a recommendation to make sure you take a full backup before you do each upgrade. :)
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
spadowsky

Post by spadowsky »

I following your suggest and I'm installing zmig tool , in order to export and migrate the ZCS ..
But I'm not able to find zal-1.12-6.0.10.jar ..
Do yuo have an idea where I can I find It ??

http://openzal.org/1.12/zal-1.12-6.0.10.jar

Many Thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

That link you've posted works for me. You'll have to give some more details about which version of ZeXtras you're installing and on which version of ZCS.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra