mail queue monitoring problem

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
brodiwan

mail queue monitoring problem

Post by brodiwan »

Hi,Just new to Zimbra and its all working well apart from monitoring the email queues. Nothing is displaying in the various boxes for incoming etc
I'm on 8.8.8 open source. Running on Ubuntu 16.04LTS
Everything else is good, recieving mail ok, sending, webmail etc. I have magicspam as the spam filter on this setup.
Any ideas please ?
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Re: mail queue monitoring problem

Post by DualBoot »

Hello,

if everything is working, every mailqueue should be empty.
So it is normal.

Regards,
brodiwan

Post by brodiwan »

Hi Dualboot,
Many thanks. Think I was getting the wrong end of the stick here with the monitoring screens. So, if there is anything amiss or stuck I would see something on the monitor page ?. When I click on the refresh button the bar goes green and the time updates successfully, I got the idea that there would be historical data on the screen showing what had just been sent and received.

Have you any suggestions on how to monitor the live activity on the server, or should I just do something like a tail -f /var/log/mail.log ?

Many thanks for your advice, looks like my server is working fine.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

There is no historical data with the queue monitoring screen, it's a real-time view only. If there are problems you'll see messages listed on that screen.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

Hello,

for history, there is a cron which send a summary of the activity. By default the mail is sent each day on 11h30 PM.
For a live monitoring you can use a tail -F command on zimbra.log where the MTA is present. Or you can use some third party software
like Elastic.

Regards,