Zimbra installation with LUN Cluster Disk

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
ayon1012

Zimbra installation with LUN Cluster Disk

Post by ayon1012 »

Hi Everyone,

Please help me with my installation.

I am setting up zimbra mail server with 1 Disk on a Cluster(4TB SANS) attached on 2 servers with HA.

Cluster disk(4TB SANS) is mounted on /opt/zimbra.

After setting up everything on the 1st server, and shutdown the the 1st server so that the Cluster disk(4TB SANS) will transfer to the 2nd server, I encountered many problems...

One of it is that I CANT install zimbra on the 2nd server as it has data from the 1st server.

Any suggestions what will I do next???

Please help...

Thank you so much in advance.
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Zimbra installation with LUN Cluster Disk

Post by pup_seba »

There used to be an option for the installer, where you could specify "--cluster". I can't find "cluster" under the configuration script /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetup.pl anymore. It's been a while since is not supported and now it looks like is not even in the scripts anymore. Maybe you could refer to old installation guides to see if you see any hint in there that could help you. Something like this one https://www.zimbra.com/docs/ne/4.0.5/mu ... g.7.1.html which is quite old...last time I have to deal with a cluster installation it was on version 6.0.5 (i remember it well as i had to upgrade to 6.0.7 so I could install zextras on it :D)

imho, the best course of action would be to stick to what's supported. Do you have NE or FOSS? Are you in a virtual enviroment or physical?

Best case scenario would be to have NE and be on virtual enviroment. In that case you would have a wide range of options to accomplish even better HA scenarios than having a common /opt/zimbra disk.
ayon1012

Post by ayon1012 »

Hi Basti,

Thank you for your reply.

You gave me a better understanding on my problem now.

My setup is FOSS and 2 virtual machines.

The main concern that I have is that the mail file storage (4TB) . (/opt/zimbra/store)

I want to store it on a LUN storage.

Any Documentation you can point me to?

Thank you so much for the help.
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

"My setup is FOSS and 2 virtual machines.".
What do you mean by this? they both have zimbra installed, which roles? If you are still trying to configure a cluster at a OS level, then I'm afraid I won't be able to assist you. Run these commands on each of your servers please as zimbra user:
zmprov gas
zmcontrol status

"The main concern that I have is that the mail file storage (4TB) . (/opt/zimbra/store)" Your main concern is that your "mail file storage" what? You did not finished the sentence.

"I want to store it on a LUN storage." What do you understand by "LUN"?