Help, admin page working but not user login

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
protelit

Help, admin page working but not user login

Post by protelit »

I am at a lose and need some help. We had an old server (Ubuntu 12 with Zimbra 8,7,1 GA_1670 FOSS) that had gotten hacked. I Opted to spin up a new up to date server (ubuntu 16 (virtual) with Zimbra 8.8.12) and not fight to clean up the old one. Most everything went smooth except I was not able to get the user login page to respond at all. Admin works fine (port 7071) but when I try port 80 or 443 I get no response error.

I tried the options I found on here but none seem to work. Log files do not even show a connection attempt. I tried disabling UFW with no change, setting the global proxy settings to the same as the old server. In our firewall I have added the new IP everywhere the old server was listed.
The boss is after my head, can anyone help find where this is being blocked, what the correct proxy settings should be?
(FYI: I have used Zentras Migration to copy domains, users and messages)
protelit

Re: Help, admin page working but not user login

Post by protelit »

I found where I THINK the issue is. Under Configure / servers/ I enabled proxy on both modes and now I get the login page. http:// gives the cookie error I have seem so I will follow those threads to get that fixed, https:// gives unknown error. At least I now have a starting point.

My question now is what should be used in the proxy settings? And where? There is the one under Servers, and another under global settings.
Does one over ride the other? Should they both be set the same? what is the differences?
Once I figure out how and way they work I maybe able to save the little hair I have left in the future
axslingr
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 UBUNTU18

Post by axslingr »

protelit wrote:
Does one over ride the other? Should they both be set the same? what is the differences?
Server settings always override Global.

Lance
protelit

Post by protelit »

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind
protelit

Post by protelit »

Just so I can put my mind around this.
Global is for ALL servers connected, server is a server in your pool of servers?