Unable to open certain email after upgrade

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
gellenb

Unable to open certain email after upgrade

Post by gellenb »

I recently upgraded from 8.6 to Zimbra 8.8.12_GA_3794 (build 20190329045002). I've had a few issues, and now I'm down to two problems left.

I have daily emails sent from a virus protection cloud company that provide reports on my various customers. These have always worked under 8.6. After migrating to a new server, Ubuntu 16.04lts and Zimbra 8.8 I am unable to open any previous messages (prior to upgrade - migrated over) or new messages from this company. All I get when I open them is "A Network Service Error has Occurred." I don't get to see anything concerning the email. What I get is the code listed below, with a option to Send Error Report, Send Details, or OK. The code is exact, except for I removed my email address and replaced it with me@mydomain.com The email only comes with an attachment (the report) which is a mhtml document. It happens on IE, Chrome, and Firefox. I need a bit of guidance of where to start looking at what to resolve this problem.

The other problem, (I'm just mentioning it in case it provides a clue to this problem - not to solve here) is with ssl certificates. Right now it's running the self signed certificates from the install, and their working. I went to load my SSL's only to find out the web gui for certificates fails. From what I seen elsewhere, this is a known problem for a while, and the answer is to use the CLI instead. So I'm going to attempt that later using the CLI to create a new csr and start over having my ssl's re-issued. UPDATE: Certs installed from CLI, all is good on those, but email problem continues to exist

Here is the message that Zimbra provides when I try to open these emails:

A network service error has occurred.
method: [unknown]
msg: system failure: java.lang.NullPointerException
code: service.FAILURE
detail: soap:Receiver
trace: qtp1258084361-20277:1561047622871:a78ebd5392f5d8d3
request:

Body: {
GetMsgRequest: {
_jsns: "urn:zimbraMail",
m: {
header: [
// [0]:
{
n: "List-ID"
},
// [1]:
{
n: "X-Zimbra-DL"
},
// [2]:
{
n: "IN-REPLY-TO"
}
],
html: 1,
id: "36608",
max: 250000,
needExp: 1,
read: 1
}
}
},
Header: {
context: {
_jsns: "urn:zimbra",
account: {
_content: "me@mydomain.com",
by: "name"
},
authToken: "(removed)",
csrfToken: "0_ca00a8198d463b7fb8ab56fbbcfd327b61ab72ba",
notify: {
seq: 272
},
session: {
_content: 117,
id: 117
},
userAgent: {
name: "ZimbraWebClient - FF67 (Win)",
version: "8.8.12_GA_3794"
}
}
}
gellenb

Re: Unable to open certain email after upgrade

Post by gellenb »

I've setup a filter in Zimbra to redirect these emails to a different web email account. I have no problem reading those messages on a mail.com account. The problem appears to be in ZImbra...