resolv.conf

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
Monkeyknight

resolv.conf

Post by Monkeyknight »

why is that so many instructions on Zimbra installations be they for 16, or 18 they all say to edit resolv.conf, but you cant edit resolv.conf as the symbolic link will over right this.
Its a pretty harsh lesson as time and time again the experts are telling you to simply go into it and add your dns resolvers... Anyone have an answer?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: resolv.conf

Post by phoenix »

Where does it tell you to edit resolv.conf? I've never done that on any install of ZCS on CentOS systems. How about providing some links to the 'instructions' you're seeing? It is, of course, necessary for your server to be able to resolve the IP address of the Zimbra Server via DNS but that's not specific to ZCS as it would be the same for any mail server - perhaps that's what you're talking about?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
ale.adco94

Re: resolv.conf

Post by ale.adco94 »

Hello colleague, I understand what you are commenting but in the cases that I have seen in which they mention that the resolv.conf file must be modified, they are not production services, it is only for me to solve the localhost where they are performing the test. At least I think so. Do not worry about it. Regards
Monkeyknight wrote:why is that so many instructions on Zimbra installations be they for 16, or 18 they all say to edit resolv.conf, but you cant edit resolv.conf as the symbolic link will over right this.
Its a pretty harsh lesson as time and time again the experts are telling you to simply go into it and add your dns resolvers... Anyone have an answer?