Personas broken after 8.8.15p5 upgrade?

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
cuoz

Re: Personas broken after 8.8.15p5 upgrade?

Post by cuoz »

Hi All,
I'm on Network Edition and have not seen any patch released yet. Hopefully they will have it released soon for NE customers.
Cheers,
gary
cuoz

Post by cuoz »

Shortly after I posted last, I received the notification about P6 patch. I asked Zimbra support about P6 because I did not see this issue referenced in the release notes. They indicated this bug is not addressed in P6 and is to be included in P7.

gary
oetiker
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 10.0.6.GA.4518.UBUNTU20_64

Post by oetiker »

ok so lets wait till 10 Feb with upgrading ...

Release/Patch Definition Freeze Release Date
8.8.15 Patch-7 13 Jan 2020 10 Feb 2020
cuoz

Post by cuoz »

As of a few minutes ago, Zimbra support emailed me to let me know they have released a hotfix based on the P6 patch which addresses this problem. P7 will still have the fix included as well, but the hotfix allows to patch the system before P7 is available. P6 needs to be applied before the hotfix. I don't know if it is also available to OSE, but folks on NE can apply it.

gary
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

cuoz wrote:As of a few minutes ago, Zimbra support emailed me to let me know they have released a hotfix based on the P6 patch which addresses this problem. P7 will still have the fix included as well, but the hotfix allows to patch the system before P7 is available. P6 needs to be applied before the hotfix. I don't know if it is also available to OSE, but folks on NE can apply it.

gary
In the past when Zimbra has released Hotfixes, a link to download the Hotfix has usually been added to the Downloads pages.

In this case, neither Personas, nor "Send As" capability are listed as Network Edition-only components in the Edition Comparison page (https://www.zimbra.com/email-server-sof ... omparison/), so I would speculate the Hotifx would likely be made available to both NE and OSE customers shortly.

Hope that helps,
Mark
gabrieles
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by gabrieles »

cuoz wrote:As of a few minutes ago, Zimbra support emailed me to let me know they have released a hotfix based on the P6 patch which addresses this problem. P7 will still have the fix included as well, but the hotfix allows to patch the system before P7 is available. P6 needs to be applied before the hotfix. I don't know if it is also available to OSE, but folks on NE can apply it.
gary
Can you provide some more info? Is it included in the zimbra-patch?
The ubuntu 18 package is exactly the same, has no difference and the problem is still there
Unpacking zimbra-patch (8.8.15.1578402266.p6-2.u18) over (8.8.15.1578402266.p6-2.u18) ...
zot

Post by zot »

I've installed all current updates via apt today (OSE on Ubuntu 16), and for me, it works again. \o/

EDIT: No, sorry, that was premature, one of my personas works, others don't.
zot

Post by zot »

Just found out: Sending from personas for which an alias exists works. Like: My account is a@b.com, and an alias exists that delivers mail to b@b.com to a@b.com. Then sending from a@b.com as b@b.com works.

I'm using a zimbraMailCatchAllAddress, though, and sending as any address that doesn't have an alias configured is broken.
yeeP6rai

Post by yeeP6rai »

zot wrote:Just found out: Sending from personas for which an alias exists works. Like: My account is a@b.com, and an alias exists that delivers mail to b@b.com to a@b.com. Then sending from a@b.com as b@b.com works.

I'm using a zimbraMailCatchAllAddress, though, and sending as any address that doesn't have an alias configured is broken.
did you try send email with attachment from a@b.com as b@b.com?