Set different message size limit for outgoing and incoming emails

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
nicksmith

Set different message size limit for outgoing and incoming emails

Post by nicksmith »

Hi All

This may not be possible as I don't think postfix allows this functionality.
I'd like to know if it is possible somehow to have different size limits for both sending and receiving.
As I manage email servers on board sea vessels and we have the ability to queue e-mails on shore with another system (mailscanner/ mailwatch)
which allows us to hold large e-mails onshore and release them when we have available bandwidth. Meaning we can still accept a 30mb size email to a vessel which means our Zimbra server onboard needs to have a message size limit set to match.
But I'd like to restrict the sending size from onboard the vessel and only allow a max of 15mb size emails to be sent from the vessel currently the only to do this that I can find is to change the zimbraMtaMaxMessageSize but if I set this to 15mb then accepting 30mb emails from shore will just bounce.
Also did some testing with zimbraFileUploadMaxSize but that only seems to work if you are using the webclient of Zimbra desktop and on our vessels, we are using thunderbird clients.
Are there rules that can be applied per server to allow sending limits that don't require you to change the MaxMessageSize?

Any ideas or tips are very much welcome here

Thanks
Nick