Migrate away from Zimbra

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
bproctor

Migrate away from Zimbra

Post by bproctor »

My client has a mail server running Zimbra that stopped running some time ago. They have been using a different host and I am in the process of moving their website over to the new host as well. I've been trying to diagnose the problems with their mail server with little luck. Since they won't be running Zimbra any more, is there a way to get at the mail without Zimbra running?
Thanks,

Brad
13445raj
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Migrate away from Zimbra

Post by 13445raj »

sorry to hear you dont plan to use zimbra..but if you post some logs and stuff or what errors you getting so something can be done to fix it, then you can use imapsync or plain pop to download the mail.

if you cant get the above working..then all your mail is physically stored in

/opt/zimbra/store/x/x/x folders

the files are in classic maildir format and there are scripts on internet to export then..even in these fourms you may find some.
Raj
bproctor

Migrate away from Zimbra

Post by bproctor »

Thanks for your help. I was able to get the emails directed to the new user accounts. Is also possible to get address book information through the file system as well or is this information stored in the database?
Thanks,

Brad
dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

Migrate away from Zimbra

Post by dkarp »

Stored in the database.