Problem with running imapsync ('could not add flags')

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
TARDIS42

Post by TARDIS42 »

So I have been trying to migrate some test users from our old IMAP setup (using Dovecot) to Zimbra, it seems imapsync isn't able to pull all the folders so I have to do things like --folderrec, etc. Here is the command line:
-=-

./imapsync --host1 mail.domain.tld --user1 $username --password1 '' --host2 zimbra.domain.tld --user2 $username --password2 '' --port1 993 --ssl1 --authmech1 PLAIN --authmech2 PLAIN --ssl2 --port2 993 --noauthmd5 --exclude '#shared*' --nofoldersizes --folder INBOX --subscribe_all --useuid --delete2

-=-
The initial sync for the most part works fine (except for the missing folders which I fill in on subsequent runs, but when I do, it spits out this:
-=-

CACHE h1 h2: 19135 files

Host2 folder INBOX selected: 19135 messages, duplicates: 0

Host2 flags msg INBOX/1257 could not add flags [$Forwarded $Label2 Answered Seen]: * BYE zimbra.domain.tld Zimbra IMAP4rev1 server closing connection (2x); Unable to connect to zimbra.domain.tld: IO::Socket::SSL: SSL connect attempt failed because of handshake problemserror:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure

-=-
Basically imapsync is unable to add flags to a migrated message so Zimbra then drops the IMAP connection, and I get three pages of SSL handshake and IMAP errors as it no longer has a connection.
This is really slowing down the migration of users, I even tried using imapsync v1.525 from git and it still has the same issue.
Ideas? (thanks in advance)
whaslbeck

Post by whaslbeck »

Hi,
have you tried to remove the Flags starting with $?
e.g. you can use the "--regexflag" option from imapsync. I used
--regexflag 's/.*?(?:(\(?:Answered|Flagged|Deleted|Seen|Draft)s?)|$)/defined($1)?$1:q()/eg'
to remove all "not-standard" folder flags.
hth,

Walter