Migration from exchange2010 to zimbra 8, Directory Object cannot be opened .

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
timecards

Post by timecards »

Exchange is on win server 2008

I put migration tools on exchange server.

But on the second step ‘SOURCEÂ’ ,to login exchange cannot pass.

I entery the exchange server IP but whatever I used domain user 'Administrator@****.com' OR local user 'Administrator' ,it's always 'Directory Object cannot be opened ,please verify the used admin cerdentials'

And I try to user the AD server IP ,when i used user 'Administrator@****.com' it's said 'please check the admin cerdentials for permissions/right to query the directory' , when i change teh local user 'Administrator' it's said 'Exchange mailbox profile creation error'
How can i solved it?
migration tool version is ZimbraMigration_8.0.5.993_x86.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

timecards wrote:I put migration tools on exchange server.
That is incorrect, you should install the Migration tool on a Windows computer. Page 6 of the Migration tool documentation (available from the Admin UI) tells you what the requirements are for the installation of this tool.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
timecards

Post by timecards »

I download the tools from the admin UI .It's just a zip package, no need to install , i unzip it and use ZimbraMigration.exe to start migration.

You means that i need put the tools on other server? Can I put it on AD server?
timecards

Post by timecards »

10330phoenix wrote:That is incorrect, you should install the Migration tool on a Windows computer. Page 6 of the Migration tool documentation (available from the Admin UI) tells you what the requirements are for the installation of this tool.
I try it on a pc in this domain, it's have the same problem
7531prashant
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 7531prashant »

timecards wrote:I try it on a pc in this domain, it's have the same problem
Follow the guideline provided at Migrating from Microsoft Exchange to Zimbra Collaboration Suite
timecards

Post by timecards »

7531prashant wrote:Follow the guideline provided at Migrating from Microsoft Exchange to Zimbra Collaboration Suite
Thanks,But the old version tools not match the new version step.

I follow the step in Migration_Exch_Admin.pdf download from admin UI .
timecards

Post by timecards »

7531prashant wrote:Follow the guideline provided at Migrating from Microsoft Exchange to Zimbra Collaboration Suite
Thank you . But that guideline is old version ,the old tools not match the new tools I used. My tools is ZimbraMigration_8.0.5.993_x86.

I follow the Migration_Exch_Admin.pdf ,it's down load from admin UI.
markb

Re: Migration from exchange2010 to zimbra 8, Directory Object cannot be opened .

Post by markb »

Same problem here "Directory Object cannot be opened. Please verify the used admin credentials"
I need the tool for migration of the exchange public folders.
The user I use is Domain Administrator, and has access to all exchange pulbic folder.
Also has outlook 2010 profile configured in the client that run the migration wizard feature.
I have tried also in server other clients without success.
linuxman

Re: Migration from exchange2010 to zimbra 8, Directory Object cannot be opened .

Post by linuxman »

markb wrote:Same problem here "Directory Object cannot be opened. Please verify the used admin credentials"
I need the tool for migration of the exchange public folders.
The user I use is Domain Administrator, and has access to all exchange pulbic folder.
Also has outlook 2010 profile configured in the client that run the migration wizard feature.
I have tried also in server other clients without success.
Me same problem here.
The same messages when run Migration Tool.
And my user is Admin in Exchange and AD admin group and can access to all, but problem migration never can connect to exchange 2010 server
Have some one something new ?

P.S. I try use the imapsync for some user and is work well transfer all folders and emails from exchange, but is not possible to make it for 250+ users mailboxes, and copy the calendars+shared folders.
audriga

Post by audriga »

Hi,

you may try access also using our self-service migration tool, which we recently launched in cooperation with Zimbra. See https://zimbra.audriga.com for details.

It should be very quick to re-check if login is possible for our service. For Exchange admin auth, we do support "Delegation" (aka "FullAccess" permissions) and Impersonation transparently. The login name needs to be the UPN, which is often the same as the Exchange Webmail (OWA) login.

However, we also see special cases from time to time, and we're happy to assist you in getting things set up. To resolve things fast, I recommend to send us a simple (dummy) test account if possible, together with the corresponding host address (send to support@audriga.com).

If the login works, you may launch a free test migration for data of the last 10 days to see how it works. You might also get in touch with us to get free voucher codes for having an initial look at our service or for running some full mailbox migration tests prior to a larger migration.

Our service can easily support 250+ mailbox migrations. I recommend to shortly discuss with us the acceptable parallelization your source/destination can digest.

Thanks and best,
Hans-Jörg (audriga)

ps.: regarding public folder migrations, I already mentioned in another post (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=65908) that we can support this as well. However, due to the wide range of scenarios (data types, public folder concepts), this is not yet configurable in our self-service interface. We're however interested to make the most common scenarios available and are thus interested to learn about your particular scenarios.

In case you have a public folder migration case in the mean time, please approach us some time before your migration, so we can figure out how assist you best.