[Small] migration from Kolab2

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
Storm16
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Storm16 »

I am looking for a solution for a collaboration server, and Zimbra was recommended to me (actually, it was recommended on the Linux Action Show podcast). Currently I am running Kolab2, and the hardware is dying.
I would stick with Kolab, but its installation is just a bit clunky under Debian... Basically it installs RPMs on the system using openpackage, with many of them duplicating packages already on the system. So I thought I would have a go with Zimbra, since it came so highly recommended.
My question is whether I can import my mail store from Kolab2. Kolab is basically Postfix, Cyrus IMAP, SASL, spamassassin, amavis and clamav. Is there a way I can back up Kolab's mailstore in such a way as to make it importable into Zimbra?
Thanks,

--Storm
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Yes, you can use imapsync to import the mail, have a look in the wiki and you'll see some details there. Ah, here it is I've just been looking at it. You might also like to look at this post for a few additional commants on imapsync.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra