Guide to Migrate from Sendmail/Pop3/IMAP to Ubuntu Zimbra

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
bertie_uk
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bertie_uk »

As far as I'm aware this is still valid and is the solution for migrating any Linux/Unix sendmail to Zimbra.
Mistoffeles
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Mistoffeles »

How does this IMAPsync utility deal with the problem of not knowing each user's password?
Rich Graves
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Rich Graves »

If and only if your source and destination IMAP servers support a standard IMAP authenticate feature, then impsync can log on to any user's account with admin credentials. Zimbra, Cyrus, and certain configurations of dovecot, uw-imap, and courier can do that.
618kenwardc

Post by 618kenwardc »

Hi Folks
Noticed that the last post in here was a long time ago and, before I jump in and use this process on 8.0.6 from Sendmail, wanted to be sure it's still the valid way to do this. Can someone confirm there is no updated method?
Cheers

Chris
amayamartin82

Post by amayamartin82 »

[quote user="618kenwardc"]Hi Folks
Noticed that the last post in here was a long time ago and, before I jump in and use this process on 8.0.6 from Sendmail, wanted to be sure it's still the valid way to do this. Can someone confirm there is no updated method?
Cheers

Chris[/QUOTE]
However, from 2009 to today many changes have been noticed, but I haven't come any updated method of accomplishing this. i think you must do a bit research before moving ahead.
nightstar

Post by nightstar »

Yup... it seems that imapsync is still the kind of migrating imap server to zimbra. In my case, I have to migrate our server from exim (freebsd 7.2) to Zimbra (CentOS 7) and there are lots of the share folders which are used as public imap folders to all mailbox. I also don't have each users' password so need to go for the way with admin account. Anyway can give me some insight of how to do that?