Migration tool - timeout / file limit exceeded

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.

Migration tool - timeout / file limit exceeded

Postby GemaJames » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:21 pm

I was hoping someone could possibly help me...

I am controlling a migration to Zimbra and some of our staff members have mailboxes that are rather on the large side [around the 50Gb region]
They require their emails for reference reasons and therefore i am required to move them to the new server.

Upon migration of the mailboxes, i have stumbled across an issue whereby the larger mailboxes seem to stop migrating at around the 20,000 files area - and i cant get them to move forward in the migration.
checking the logs it shows the error "zimbra Output buffer overflow in EncodeInputBuffer"

Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: Migration tool - timeout / file limit exceeded

Postby racerock » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:51 am

You don't actually mention your version or how you are migrating the data if its version 8.0 or higher try the DOS filter

Not sure if its the same issue you are facing as I can not remember my specifics however I remember a similar message when I was exporting large mailbox data In my case I discovered it was due to Zimbra DoS filter.

Re: Migration tool - timeout / file limit exceeded

Postby cgarcia@onlinenw.com » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:50 pm

Can someone confim this is the case please? I am having the same issue but after about 10,000 emails.

Return to “Migration”