Migration tool - timeout / file limit exceeded

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
GemaJames

Migration tool - timeout / file limit exceeded

Post by GemaJames »

Hi,

I was hoping someone could possibly help me...

I am controlling a migration to Zimbra and some of our staff members have mailboxes that are rather on the large side [around the 50Gb region]
They require their emails for reference reasons and therefore i am required to move them to the new server.

Upon migration of the mailboxes, i have stumbled across an issue whereby the larger mailboxes seem to stop migrating at around the 20,000 files area - and i cant get them to move forward in the migration.
checking the logs it shows the error "zimbra Output buffer overflow in EncodeInputBuffer"

Does anyone have any ideas?
racerock

Re: Migration tool - timeout / file limit exceeded

Post by racerock »

You don't actually mention your version or how you are migrating the data if its version 8.0 or higher try the DOS filter

https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/DoSFilter

Not sure if its the same issue you are facing as I can not remember my specifics however I remember a similar message when I was exporting large mailbox data In my case I discovered it was due to Zimbra DoS filter.
cgarcia@onlinenw.com

Re: Migration tool - timeout / file limit exceeded

Post by cgarcia@onlinenw.com »

Can someone confim this is the case please? I am having the same issue but after about 10,000 emails.