Migration tools

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
Pepe

Migration tools

Post by Pepe »

Hello guys!
I have been wondering about this for a little now, the question is how can i migrate from fortimail server to zimbra? Is this possible? The only thing is, fortimail backups are on .bar files, im not sure if theres a way to restore this type of files on zimbra collaboration.
I really appreciate your help, thank you!
ajcody
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Migration tools

Post by ajcody »

Usually, in a case like this people use imapsync . Where you basically sync data from the two servers over imap .

https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Guide_to_imapsync
Pepe

Re: Migration tools

Post by Pepe »

Hello, ajcody:
Sorry for the late response, Im going to test that out, thanks a lot. Going to tell how it was.
Have a good day!

EDIT: Hello everyone! Finally i have one account on the new server using imapsync which was a great help for this purpose in particular. But, i didnt need anything else beside imapsync, i have installed ZCS 8.7.11, and of course imapsync. I used the same commands in the tutorial. like this:

Code: Select all

$ imapsync --host1 server1.domain.lan --user1 user1@domain.lan --password1 passworduser1 --ssl1 --host2 zimbra.domain2.lan --user2 user1@domain2.lan --password2 passworduser1zimbra --ssl2
And thats it, the sync was completed.
PS: forgot to mention i have to use "--ssl" otherwise it show error. Oh, also you must install some aditions in order to do this correctly.

Code: Select all

$ sudo yum install epel-release
$ sudo yum install imapsync
No need rules for firewalld too, which is awesome! :)

Thank you again, cheers!