imapsync duplicates mails

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
tom2810

imapsync duplicates mails

Post by tom2810 »

Hi all,
we are going to migrate everything from Zarafa to Zimbra. For emails will use imapsync.
The plan is to have a presync and the final sync later. Now I tested it in our test environment, but when I did a second sync a lot of emails are going duplicated.

I read in few forums that I need to use the following comment because the option --useheader should not work good with few mail servers.

imapsync --host1 IP --user1 'user' --password1 'PW' --ssl1 --host2 '127.0.0.1:143' --user2 'user' --password2 'PW' --errorsmax 100 --exclude '^Deleted' --useuid

Could anyone help? I am looking forward to hear from you.

Best Tom.
24x7servermanagement

Re: imapsync duplicates mails

Post by 24x7servermanagement »

Have you used below command while transferring email from your old server to new server -

--host1 servername --user1 test@domain.com --password1 password_of_your_email_account \
--host2 servername --user2 test@domain.com --password2 password_of_your_email_account

If you've used it then it will not duplicate the emails.

Please check the command which you have used.
gabrieles
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: imapsync duplicates mails

Post by gabrieles »

OR use a message cache:

--usecache --tmpdir /usr/local/src/imapsync/tmp

Obviously, do not delete this folder until the final step, and use in the final step the same parameter.
Just a warning: it will create a lot of empty files to map transferred messages. They are emtpy, so zero space on disk will be used, but in some case of mailstores with A LOT of messages, we experience inodes exhaustion on the partition!