AWS Workmail to Zimbra migration

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
r_e_d_b_a_r_o_n

AWS Workmail to Zimbra migration

Post by r_e_d_b_a_r_o_n »

Hello,

Didi anybody have experience of migration from Amazon Workmail to Zimbra using imapsync?

AWS has functionality of migration_admin, user who has access to any mailbox described here:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/workmail/la ... rview.html

When I just write source and destination mailbox users and their corresponding passwords everything works. But in this situation when I want to authenticate any user using "migration_admin" user. I get this error:
Host1 failure: Error login on [imap.mail.eu-west-1.awsapps.com] with user [user@example.com] auth [PLAIN]: 2 NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed.
Exiting with return value 16 (EXIT_AUTHENTICATION_FAILURE)

This is part of imapsync command:
--host1 imap.mail.eu-west-1.awsapps.com --user1 user@example.com --authuser1 migration_admin@example.com --password1 "PASSWORD"
amanshukla0903

Re: AWS Workmail to Zimbra migration

Post by amanshukla0903 »

Hey ..try to use --ssl1 --ssl2 at the last of your command and pls check port is open in security groups

Sent from my GM1901 using Tapatalk
r_e_d_b_a_r_o_n

Post by r_e_d_b_a_r_o_n »

No imapsync works when sync two accounts but I want to authenticate any user in Workmail using one admin account, like in zimbra, I created such user but it doesn't work using --authuser1, admin user cant access or autheticate other users accounts. I thought someone knows other method to specify admin user
Lewis-H

Post by Lewis-H »

In the Amazon WorkMail console, create a new user to act as migration administrator. For more information, see Creating New Users.
In your Active Directory, create a new user to act as migration administrator, and enable the user for Amazon WorkMail. For more information, see Enabling Existing Users.
In the Amazon WorkMail console, for Organizations, choose the name of your organization.
Choose Organization settings, Migration, Edit.
For Mailbox permissions, select On.
Choose Select user.
Search for and select the user to act as migration administrator, and choose Select user.
Choose Save.