Accept incoming mails only for certain domains

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
gluon

Post by gluon »

Hi there,
I still haven't figured out all zimbra cli options yet. I'm trying to accept incoming mails only for certain domains (on postfix level) - only the domains my zimbra server is set up for (in order to deny my server to be used as a relay).
I still have a lot of SPAM incoming, it's filtered out correctly by amavis, as far as i can tell, but it consumes a lot of my cpu(s).
can anyone point me out to the right direction?
thanks in advance.
skuda

Post by skuda »

I want to deny all the external email (except my external domain), i use zimbra as a groupware, i have other external email system and i want only get emails from my domains. Thanks.
skuda

Post by skuda »

Sorry but this forum it is too fast :)
17629anand
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 17629anand »

zcs is not an open relay.
If you don't want to accept mail from the external world, don't list the server in the mx record for your domain.
skuda

Post by skuda »

I would like to receive any externals domains from my own domains, i have now an iptables rules in my external interfaces dropping tcp 25 port packets but i would like to open any mail domains, like a filter in smtpd, can this be done with zimbra? Thanks.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Your question doesn't make sense to me.:( Are you trying to just receive all mail that has your domain name in the 'TO' headers? Is it something more subtle that you're after.
I don't really think you can achieve this because your from & to headers can be forged.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
skuda

Post by skuda »

I refer to the FROM header, anyway i have made the trick with iptables, all my external domains are in a specific mx machine, so i have blocked tcp port 25 in my public ip address to all other ips except this one, anyway i will try to explain you that i wanted to do, i have an internal zimbra domain, mydomain.org, and have any externals domains, extdomain.com and extdomain.es to this example, i want that my zimbra machine only receives mail from itself and an authorized domain list (that includes extdomain.com and extdomain.es), anyway i have made the trick with iptables and this cant be changed, FROM: can be, thanks.