Two IP Address

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
ikmsupport

Two IP Address

Post by ikmsupport »

Hai
We have successfully implemented zimbra. But we have two IP address. One for public and one is private vpn. How do we assing these two. I had added the name and ip in our internal DNS server. But no effect. What should we do to work zimbra with two IP.?
generic31

Two IP Address

Post by generic31 »

Hello ikmsupport.

I am also running a similar setup. Can you detail out your problem a little bit more? Would love to help if I can. :)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Two IP Address

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="ikmsupport"]Hai
We have successfully implemented zimbra. But we have two IP address. One for public and one is private vpn. How do we assing these two. I had added the name and ip in our internal DNS server. But no effect. What should we do to work zimbra with two IP.?[/QUOTE]I'm not quite sure what you asking but you might want to have a look at this http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Split_dns If that's not of any use please describe your set-up in detail.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
ikmsupport

Two IP Address

Post by ikmsupport »

hello generic,
Thank u for ur fast reply. We have two networkcard in one server. Ip address of first one is 210.***.***.*** thats public and it can be accssed via internet with our domain name. And another one is 192.***.***.***. thats a VPN connection to our branch offices. The branch offices have no internet connection. So they have to connect to our zimbra server through the private IP. Is it possble to assign two ip address for zimbra. If u know it. pls help us to solve this.
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Two IP Address

Post by Klug »

You don't have to assign two IP to Zimbra as it currently "answers" on all IP available on the server 8)
Being able to choose the binded IP is currently a RFE.
I have a couple Zimbra servers, with two NICs and a public IP on one while I have a private IP on the other (OOB LAN).

Zimbra "works" on both IP adresses, that allows me to do OOB imapsync between servers.
ikmsupport

Two IP Address

Post by ikmsupport »

Thank u for 4 ur reply. I will check it out. In the installation time i have only one NIC. After thet i have added a new NIC. Is it any problem?????
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Two IP Address

Post by Klug »

[quote user="ikmsupport"]In the installation time i have only one NIC. After thet i have added a new NIC. Is it any problem?????[/QUOTE]

I setup my first Zimbra server with two NIC but only one usable (no IP on the other one). I added the IP on the other one a couple weeks later, restarted Zimbra and it worked.
ikmsupport

Two IP Address

Post by ikmsupport »

Thank u its working fine now.