GetAllCalendarResources not working?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
2527benton

Post by 2527benton »

Hello, Zimbra people.
Despite the fact that several Calendars are in use on our Zimbra server, the command zmprov -v GetAllCalendarResources returns nothing (not even warnings or errors).
Oher zmprov commands seem to work OK, including "zmprov GetAllAccounts" and "zmprov GetAllDomains".
The command zmprov -vd GetAllCalendarResources returns a bunch of XML (see attached TXT file) that seems to indicate a successful query, with no data returned. But I can see plenty of calendar data in the web GUI, for all users. It looks like I'm either not using the command correctly, or it is as yet unimplemented at this time.
A forum search for "GetAllCalendarResources" produced nothing. Has anyone else tried to use this command?
Thanks in advance,

-b
GetAllCalendarResources.txt
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

SOAP looks good but it appears the SOAP request is not returning any resources. If you go into the admin UI do you see any resources?
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

how about abbreviate GetAllCalendarResources to gacr:

zmprov gacr

if there's more than one domain:zmprov gacr domain.com OR zmprov gacr -v domain.com

or per account: zmprov gcr account@domain.com
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Good point. By default it is picking your default domain cliqk.com but if you have more than one domain you'll want to specify that.
2527benton

Post by 2527benton »

THANKS FOR THE PROMPT RESOPNSES, GENTS.
[quote]SOAP LOOKS GOOD BUT IT APPEARS THE SOAP REQUEST IS NOT RETURNING ANY RESOURCES. IF YOU GO INTO THE ADMIN UI DO YOU SEE ANY RESOURCES?[/QUOTE]
NO, I DON'T. IT APPEARS THAT I DON'T FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT A "RESOURCE" IS, IN ZIMBRA TERMS, AND HOW IT'S ASSOCITED WITH A CALENDAR. CAN YOU HELP CLARIFY...?
I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT THE ZMPROV COMMAND COULD BE USED TO READ AND WRITE CALENDAR EVENTS FROM THE ZIMBRA SERVER. NOW I'M GETTING THE IMPRESSION THAT CALENDAR RESOURCES ARE NOT THE SAME THING AS THE ACTUAL CALENDAR EVENT ITEMS. SO, I GUESS I HAVE TWO FURTHER QUESTIONS:

WHAT EXACTLY IS A CALENDAR RESOURCE?

IS IT POSSIBLE TO READ AND WRITE ZIMBRA CALENDAR EVENT INFORMATION FROM OUTSIDE THE ZIMBRA WEB INTERFACE (BESIDES THE COMMERCIALLY-LICENSED SYNC PLUGINS), USING ZMPROV, OR ANY OTHER METHOD?

I ACTUALLY POSTED THIS SECOND, MOST IMPORTANT, QUESTION TO THE FORUMS SOME TIME AGO (SEE "HTTP://WWW.ZIMBRA.COM/FORUMS/ADMINISTRA ... #POST55924"] EXTERNAL MANIPULATION OF CALENDAR DATA?) BUT GOT NO RESPONSE. :(
THANKS AGAIN,

-B