Documents {beta}

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
padraig
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Documents {beta}

Post by padraig »

are there plans to make the Documents {beta} live & if so will the old beta doc still work
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Documents {beta}

Post by jholder »

What do you mean by making it live? Are you asking it we will take it out of beta?
Docs will be out of beta in 5.0
wcbenyip
Advanced member
Advanced member

Documents {beta}

Post by wcbenyip »

I found some problem in the "Documents" functionality...
1/ Using zm cmd created the mount point of a shared document (Notebook) to many users' mailbox, and there are some Pages inside... found that only the Pages under the first level Notebook could be seen by others, the Pages under sub-Notebooks cannot be seen.... is this the bug??
2/ How can I unmount the mount point from the users? (opposite to "cm"...)
3/ I can share a Notebook with Chinese Words and let others to mount it via GUI one by one, but cannot do the same thing with zm cmd in batch.... is this the bug?
Thanks~
padraig
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Documents {beta}

Post by padraig »

[quote user="jholder"]What do you mean by making it live? Are you asking it we will take it out of beta?

yes
Docs will be out of beta in 5.0[/QUOTE]
will 4.5x doc still work:confused:
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Documents {beta}

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="padraig"]will 4.5x doc still work:confused:[/QUOTE]

Yes docs will not change in 4.5.x. What John meant is that we've done a good bit of work on documents for 5.0 and we plan to take off the [beta] tag and make it GA. We've also added a Briefcase feature for those who want a simple file storage interface that be be mounted with webdav and indexed/search just like the rest of Zimbra.
You can read more about that here:
Zimbra Briefcase
wcbenyip
Advanced member
Advanced member

Documents {beta}

Post by wcbenyip »

Maybe I have posted in the wrong thread.... but I am not sure whether only me got the problems in Documents and they don't want answer my asking...? Because I have created some new thread under Administrators or Installation, but most of the questions are no one answered or just be ignored.... even this is a active forum.... I found it's not helpful for me.
Probably it's time for me to give up the ZCS.... or "just use but don't asking" ? :mad:
dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

Documents {beta}

Post by dkarp »

I believe that the first of your questions is an existing bug in bugzilla. Please search to see what the state of that bug is...
As for your second question, you can use zmmailbox deleteFolder to delete mountpoints.
As for your third question, that may be a bug. Please look through bugzilla to see if someone's already reported it.