4.6.0 alias expansion error

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
davi.santos

Post by davi.santos »

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place, if not, i'm sorry, but here's the problem.

When we try to send e-mail to a distlist, specifically 2 different s distlists, we had the error 4.6.0 alias expansion.
I checked before and some people say the problem is something related to number of virtual_alias_expansion_limit that is set to 1000, ok we set this to 10.000. we don't have that much e-mails on our environment but still the problem persists.
As a matter of fact is a distlist with 6 other distlists inside, but it still don't reach even 1000.
Any hint?
We run zimbra 8.0.6_GA_5922, on CentOS release 6.5(Final).
Thanks in advance.
1215vavai
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 1215vavai »

Hi,
[quote user="davi.santos"]Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place, if not, i'm sorry, but here's the problem.

When we try to send e-mail to a distlist, specifically 2 different s distlists, we had the error 4.6.0 alias expansion.
I checked before and some people say the problem is something related to number of virtual_alias_expansion_limit that is set to 1000, ok we set this to 10.000. we don't have that much e-mails on our environment but still the problem persists.
As a matter of fact is a distlist with 6 other distlists inside, but it still don't reach even 1000.
Any hint?
We run zimbra 8.0.6_GA_5922, on CentOS release 6.5(Final).
Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
To ensure the configuration, would you like to paste the result of the following command :

su - zimbra

postconf virtual_alias_expansion_limit

I got similar problem in the past with the following error message :
[QUOTE]

Dec 30 09:08:07 server postfix/cleanup[14443]: warning: A3BCD382A768: unreasonable virtual_alias_maps map expansion size for all-user@mydomain.co.id

[/QUOTE]
and successfully resolve the problem with :

su - zimbra

postconf -e virtual_alias_expansion_limit=3000

postfix stop

postfix start

davi.santos

Post by davi.santos »

Hi Vavai,
Thanks for your reply.
Right now is 10000.
We overestimate if to see what could happen:
$ postconf virtual_alias_expansion_limit

virtual_alias_expansion_limit = 10000
This as zimbra user.
On root it still shows as 1000... but the weird part is that we have 700 accounts only, so even if all of them was on this distlist, it would not reach the 1000.
Regards.
davi.santos

Post by davi.santos »

Hi guys, new finding, apparently the problem appears when we have a distlist, inside of a distlist.

I removed the distlist, and with my name it works normally but when I add another distlist the error occurred again.

No hints?
Thanks in advance!
davi.santos

Post by davi.santos »

Update: We tried to restart everything, still not working.

Another weird part is that some other distlist works normally with the same configuration.