Reset User Password

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
DastagiriReddy

Reset User Password

Post by DastagiriReddy »

Hi,
I want to reset the password for user.When i tried to reset the password but its saying "these settings do not afftect the password set by the users in domains that are configured to use external authentication ".
I need to reset the passowrd for user ? Please help me in this case .
Thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Reset User Password

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="DastagiriReddy"]I want to reset the password for user.When i tried to reset the password but its saying "these settings do not afftect the password set by the users in domains that are configured to use external authentication ".
I need to reset the passowrd for user ? Please help me in this case .[/QUOTE]Are you using External Authentication? If you are then go to the directory server that you're using and reset the password there.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
DastagiriReddy

Reset User Password

Post by DastagiriReddy »

Hi Bill,
Yes we are using External Authentication.I have also reset the password in Active Directory Server also.But unfofrtuantely there is no luck
DastagiriReddy

Reset User Password

Post by DastagiriReddy »

Hi Bill,
i tried to reset the password in Actice Directory server also..but no luck..Please help me
Thanks
1215vavai
Advanced member
Advanced member

Reset User Password

Post by 1215vavai »

Hi,
[quote user="DastagiriReddy"]Hi Bill,
i tried to reset the password in Actice Directory server also..but no luck..Please help me
Thanks[/QUOTE]
Please check your external authentication settings on Zimbra Admin, does the configuration using Active Directory or using LDAP server either?