Zimbra 8.0.5 clustered Hyper-V 2012

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mgentil

Post by mgentil »

Friends, good afternoon.
Currently, I use the Hyper-V Server 2012 as virtualization system. I have Zimbra 8.0.5 installed on a VM, where the virtual hard disk (VHD) is stored in a storage. The company wants me to build a cluster of hyper-v and I put this in Zimbra cluster. So I have two host's Hyper-v sharing the same virtual hard disk (VHD) located in storage. This structure I described would work quietly with Zimbra? Thank you. Marcio
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="mgentil"]So I have two host's Hyper-v sharing the same virtual hard disk (VHD) located in storage. This structure I described would work quietly with Zimbra? [/QUOTE]You seem to be saying that your configuration two separate Virtual machines with Zimbra installed on each machine and they are both using a single (virtual) hard disk: do I understand you correctly? If what I've described is you configuration then that's certainly not a cluster as I understand it and I don't think you'll have any success with it. If I don't understand your configuration, are you using a Failover Cluster?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
mgentil

Post by mgentil »

Bill, thanks for the reply. That's what got it. I have two servers with Hyper-V server 2012 installed. These two physical servers in the cluster. So, I install Zimbra on this cluster, and the VHD will be in storage. The idea is that if the first server hyper-v fails, take the second and Zimbra stay in the air. Thank you. I really need your help. Marcio