Zimbra Out Of Office

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
scott3012

Zimbra Out Of Office

Post by scott3012 »

Hello, looking for some help please.
I have a number of users who are unable to activate their OOO message, what I mean is the OOO is enabled but when someone sends mail to their accounts no OOO message is returned.
All mail routes fine otherwise which makes me think there is something on the server which needs changed.
A brief overview - these server were all migrated recently and may have an config for OOO on the server that needs changed.
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum
Thank you
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Zimbra Out Of Office

Post by chauvetp »

I would check the /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log file for any errors (specifically looking for the text "outofoffice not sent") for the specific user and see what it says.
scott3012

Zimbra Out Of Office

Post by scott3012 »

HI Paul
thank you, however is there an easy way for me to view the log. Also this is happening for all users on the domain and not just a handful.
This is what I found in the log files -
outofoffice not sent (until date reached) which i assume is for user who dont have OOO enabled.

For those who have OOO enabled i get this -
outofoffice sent dest 0000000 (load of number @amazonses.com

Scott
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Zimbra Out Of Office

Post by chauvetp »

Just use grep. For example if you are looking for issues with username johnsmith's out of office:
grep johnsmith /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log | grep outofoffice
scott3012

Zimbra Out Of Office

Post by scott3012 »

thanks Paul
just the same results "outofoffice not sent (until date reached)"
is there anywhere else I should try - users still reporting that no OOO is returned.
Scott
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Zimbra Out Of Office

Post by chauvetp »

I don't mean to point out what you may think is obvious, but have you checked the out-of-office message settings for the users in question and verified that their start/end dates are correct?
I've seen some users change their vacation message only rarely and the next time they change it, it is still showing the previous year so they'll have July 30 - August 5 for the previous year.
If its not that, I'm not sure what else to check, but the "until date reached" error appears to be a dead ringer for an incorrect date setting on the message.
scott3012

Zimbra Out Of Office

Post by scott3012 »

Paul that is exactly what happened we came across that earlier on today.
Many thanks for you help
Scott