I cannot set my cellphone like email client.

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mvalenzuela.cl
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by mvalenzuela.cl »

Hi people!.
From 3 days ago I have a new zimbra, last version. Everything work fine, except when some account try to connect to my zimbra. Always this give message unable to connect with server. In firewall all is same, with the previous installation of zimbra this works, even Blackberries could send emails, but now nothing of this is working.
I have try configure my account with others email clients like Thunderbird and the connection is able to IMAP and POP, also SSL, but from any smartphone no.
Somebody have any idea to help me solve this?
Thank you to all.
By the way, I'm in Chile.
umarzuki
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by umarzuki »

your phone connecting to zimbra server on same network as using thunderbird?

if not try that first (e.g.: both using same wifi network)
mvalenzuela.cl
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by mvalenzuela.cl »

No, everything cell phone could be in any network, our Firewall permit this. Anyone can connect to mail port, except use SMTP from unknow networks. This is obvious!
umarzuki
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by umarzuki »

Ok. You're clever. Best of luck.
Sent from my Lenovo S920_ROW using Tapatalk
j2b
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.6.0.GA.1153.UBUNTU12.64 U

Post by j2b »

Try to change ports on Cell. Blackberry, by the way, not necessarily send out mails from your server. They use their own mail systems, to sync mails, and push them to your device. But it may depend on your particular configuration. Does your cell has data traffic available? Can you reach internet from the same Cell, that does not connect?
Any way, if you're in the same region, you can try to find your cells IP address, to get eyes on logs. At least, it would be quite easy, for a minute or two of particular timeframe, even if all your cells within a region go via a couple of routed IPs of your mobile provider.