[SOLVED] Zimbra Archiving " Discovery Problems

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by chauvetp »

Hello all,
I have looked through the very brief documentation I've been able to find on the Zimbra Archiving & Discovery (the Zimbra Archiving and Discovery Release Notes.pdf file from the website).
Is there anything else out there that I'm missing? Some massive document which actually tells you how to get this working or am I just completely doing something wrong here?
Setting this up SEEMS simple, but nothing works. I setup an account for archiving as follows: zmarchiveconfig enable testuser@zmail.newpaltz.edu
That account is created, but nothing ever goes into that account.
My end goal for this, if I understand how this works, is to setup these archive accounts, and have all mail sent from that point on for the account in question, archived in the 'archived' copy of the account. Am I doing something or understanding something wrong here?
We're licensed for some ZAD mailboxes and we're on the Network Edition (5.0.21).
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by uxbod »

Ajcody-Notes-Archive-Discovery-Mailstore-Setup - Zimbra :: Wiki
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by chauvetp »

Thanks much uxbod - I couldn't find that before but it looks extensive. I'll look into it and report back here.
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by chauvetp »

Ah - I see it now:

The following command is in the AjCody wiki document but not in the release notes. zmprov ms mta.example.com +zimbraServiceInstalled archiving +zimbraServiceEnabled archiving
Once I did that (the zimbraServiceInstalled was already set but not zimbraServiceEnabled for the archiving) its working fine.
Thanks!
Its working now. Perhaps the Zimbra folks might want to update the "Release Notes & Installation Instructions" to have this information in it.