Disable harvest defense in 6.0.2? (DEFEND_ACCOUNT_HARVEST)

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

[quote user="bthom73"]Sorry, I meant at a lower level (i.e. what does it actually do to the filesystem and/or databases, as opposed to what the purpose of the command is).
Even the purpose of the command is still unclear though -

"-extended Extended fix, includes store, index, backup directories"
I do appreciate the suggestion, but without more info I'm not sure if it's worth spending a day to build up a mirror of the production server in order to try it.
At this point in time it probably makes more sense to go the support contract/support ticket route since it's been almost a month since the original posting and based on the replies it appears that it's not an obvious(common) problem.
Thanks,

Brian[/QUOTE]
The script resets file permissions on much of the /opt/zimbra directory tree contents. The "--extended" switch does a little more resetting.
We have found the command to be entirely safe to run on our and oiur clients' systems, but to be fair we have had only to run the command rarely.
Bill's suggestion to contact support if you have any hesitation I would second as being spot on.
Hope that helps,

Mark
sugiggs
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sugiggs »

zmfixperms didnt help...
im on 6.0.3 Ubuntu 32 bit
[QUOTE]2009-12-03 14:25:32,961 WARN [btpool0-16:https://10.10.10.30:7071/service/admin/ ... derRequest] [ip=192.168.0.21;] SoapEngine - unable to construct SOAP context

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: permission denied: can not access account

ExceptionId:btpool0-16:https://10.10.10.30:7071/service/admin/ ... 36ceb6edfb

Code:service.PERM_DENIED

[/QUOTE]
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by L. Mark Stone »

You should include that information in your support ticket then; that to me seems the next logical step.
All the best,

Mark
sevilla
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sevilla »

i did a little script to make a temporal fix..maybe is usefull for someone.
dgamez
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by dgamez »

[quote user="sevilla"]i did a little script to make a temporal fix..maybe is usefull for someone.[/QUOTE]
Hi Sevilla, what does the script do?
I have a similar problem, but mailbox.log shows:
SoapEngine - handler exception com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Caught IOException opening index

ExceptionId:btpool0-70://mail.mydomain.com/service/soap/AutoCompleteRequest...
Any suggestions?
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by L. Mark Stone »

This thread is more than a year old, and when I followed the trail in bugzilla, the original bug and all of the Drafts-related bugs are marked as fixed, save one.
Sevilla, if your script addresses the issue the OP notes, can you confirm that the fixes in later versions of Zimbra did not work for you? If so, it would be very helpful if you located the most appropriate bug (or filed a new one) and posted your script there as the developers pay more attention to bugzilla than they do to these forums.
DGamez, if your error too is related to Drafts, can you provide a bit more detail please so we can try to help? If your issue is not the same as the OP's, given the age of this thread it might be better next time to start a new thread.
With best regards to all,

Mark
sevilla
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sevilla »

douh! i dont remember how i fix that!.. im searching that script but i cant find it!
bthom73

Post by bthom73 »

It's not really a fix but a workaround is to ask users to uncheck the checkbox underneath the Subject line that says "Send this message on behalf of...". It most often occurs when someone saves a message as a draft and then goes back the Drafts folder and then tries to click Send.
As far as I know, the issue still exists in 6.0.8 although I haven't checked it lately. Just telling users to uncheck the checkbox.
Thanks,

Brian