Shared Calendar Notifications

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by chauvetp »

Hi all,
I'm wondering how to get notifications for shared calendars to show. It seems notifications (for users of the web client or Outlook) are coming up fine for events that the user has in their own calendars, but not in those that are shared from another user.
Example:

- User 1 shares his personal calendar with User 2

- User 2 would like to get notifications/popups when User 1 has an event reminder due
I can't seem to get notifications to show for shared calendars (Outlook or Zimbra web client).
I apologize if this was posted already, but I was unable to find this after searching through the forums.
Thank you in advance for any advice you can give on this.
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

Notifications are generally reserved for the owner of the calendar. We use Exchanges model for calendar sharing, which means that on a shared cal, you won't get a notification.
To get one, the event must be on a local calendar, so the organizer should share an event with you so you can get a notification.
gwjones

Post by gwjones »

I realize that this is a fairly old thread, but it seems to be directly related to my issue.
I have been asked about this as several users have shared calendars that they would like to have reminders from. Has any further development happened in this area? Is there an enhancement request on this (I couldn't find one)?
BTW, I don't consider "Because Exchange does it like that" to be a valid reason.;)
Thanks.
Wendell